Sanaz Sotoudeh has delighted people across the globe with her talent. She plays even the most challenging piece with light, enthusiasm, and confidence.
Sanaz has spanned multiple countries refining her pianist skills, but the love for the instrument began at home. “My mom played piano when I was a baby and she put us in a music academy in Tehran. I remember the first and only instrument I chose to play was piano,” she said.
Her musical education is extensive and includes a B.Mus and M.Mus in solo piano performance at McGill University, post-graduate studies in solo piano performance at The Royal Academy of Music, studied with UK pianists Julius Drake and Christopher Elton, and also attended the Franz-Schubert Institute in Austria and the Académie Francis Poulenc in France.
PERFORMING WITH PASSION
Sanaz has performed in Spain, Dubai, London, Montreal, and Vancouver to name a few. In Vancouver, she recently delights crowds with a multimedia live performance at Facade Festival. Projected on the façade of the Vancouver Art Gallery, colours and shapes moved to the sound of Sotoudeh’s performance. On top of performing, she provided muscle direction for the event.
Sanaz also had the opportunity to perform live with BBC Radio 3 in London. To be heard live on that radio was very special for her and she considers this to be her best performance. “Performing at BBC Radio 3 Studio in London was so special to me. I was performing at the space where all the legendary and famous musicians I have known had performed.”
“Sanaz is a very lovely pianist with a true passion for all kinds of music–she is always open to thinking outside the box and trying new ideas for collaborating art and music.”
~ Manuel Bernaschek, Showcase Pianos
- Mona Butler is a Vancouver-based freelance writer.
- ☆ Folio.YVR Friends2020.10.20Folio.YVR Friends: Maison Guerlain Returns with 3 Historic Fragrances
- ☆ Issue #10 - January Top 102020.02.05Folio.YVR 2019 / Top 10 Read: #8 Amy Slosky Crafts Bespoke Italian Tradition
- ☆ Issue #10 - January Top 102020.02.05Folio.YVR 2019 / Top 10 Read: #5 Miriam Aroeste Celebrates the Ethereal HUMO
- ☆ Issue #07 - October2019.12.24Folio.YVR Issue #7: Sanaz Sotoudeh – A Lifetime of Piano Passion