In celebration of a shared dedication to no-compromise luxury lifestyle products for Canadians, luxury automotive brand Lexus has announced an exclusive limited-edition sneaker collaboration with renowned Canadian men’s wear designer Christopher Bates.
The inspired footwear is available via Lexus Boutique orders at Lexus Dealers across the country. The men’s and women’s shoes were inspired by the Lexus UX – a bold compact crossover for the urban explorer, swathed in quality craftsmanship, edgy design, and supple materials.
“Style and craftsmanship are core pillars of the Lexus brand, so we‘re honoured to partner with iconic Canadian designer Christopher Bates,” said Robert Tsang, Director of Lexus in Canada. “Our shared values have resulted in a sneaker that makes an undeniable statement on the street – just like the Lexus UX does on the road.”
The fully customized limited-edition sneaker, produced in Italy like Bates’ clothing line, incorporates many recognizable design elements from the Lexus UX itself, such as the striking Circuit Red colour, perforated upholstery materials and signature black and white colouring from the Lexus F SPORT models.
Design inspiration includes the use of the side profile and signature Lexus spindle grille, a racing stripe down the center of the tongue, and tasteful Lexus branding. Variations in sole design mark the differences in the sneakers for both men and women.
“Working with Lexus on this customized shoe collaboration has been an incredible experience, one I’m excited to finally debut,” says Bates.
“Lexus has long established itself as a luxury leader in the automotive lifestyle industry, which draws many parallels to how I’m building the Christopher Bates brand, and I hope this is the beginning of a long and successful partnership.”
The partnership follows an exciting year for Bates, after being named the Canadian Arts and Fashion Awards (CAFAs) Menswear Designer of the Year, the lead designer at the Monaco Grand Prix ‘Ice White’ fashion show, and national expansion of his namesake brand into Nordstrom retail locations across Canada.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. firstname.lastname@example.org
- ☆ Issue #11 - February 20202020.03.06FolioYVR Issue #11: Ladurée by Matthew Kenney is a Vegan Pastry Paradise
- ☆ Issue #11 - February 20202020.03.06FolioYVR Issue #11: Elegant Getaway to LA’s Beverly Wilshire
- ☆ Issue #11 - February 20202020.03.03FolioYVR Issue #11: Cameron Silver, Legendary Vintage Curator
- ☆ Issue #11 - February 20202020.02.26Folio.YVR Issue #11: Laurence & Chico: Love & Legacy of Largess