No matter how many of the stately Stefano Ricci boutiques around the world you may visit on your travels, it is a given that upon entering, your breath will be taken away by the signature floral arrangements. Situated first and foremost, each opulent display of nature’s blooms originates from a magnificent hand-pounded silver vessel.
The Stefano Ricci Home Silver Line is made of Sterling Silver 925 and entirely produced by two Florentine master silversmiths within the company headquarters in Fiesole, nestled in the hills of Florence.
Their artistry is truly derived from experience, rather than from being school taught, and their manual skills go hand-in-hand with the study of secrets that only Master craftsmen can pass down from generation to generation.
The original designs are always created by-hand, first sketched in pencil by Stefano Ricci himself, and then passed to the silversmiths.
The exquisite bowls, serving platters, plates, and vases, all contain depictions of nature’s strongest animals, including the company’s eagle icon, lions, giant octopus, elephants, and more.
The pair works in tandem, creating pieces from hand using only a pencil, marker, tar, chisels, and various hammering tools. The output is relative to each project undertaken—a chalice can take one week, a tray around 15 days, and an incredible centerpiece a month or more.
The sketches are first applied to the silver, which is then tapped out from the inside of the vessel. Once complete, the vessel is filled with tar, and the exterior is sculpted. Each piece is polished to perfection and set aside for inspection. This routine is completed day-after-day by the two who have made it their passion to continue the trade of their fathers.
On your next visit to the Stefano Ricci boutique in Vancouver’s Luxury Zone, take note of the arrangement on the entry table. Below the grandiose arrangement of blooms, the pedestal bowl is resplendent with an intricately chiselled biblical story of the procession of the animals to the ark. An incredible one-of-a-kind piece of art is well worth more than a passing glance.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. firstname.lastname@example.org
- ☆ Issue #13 - Winter 2020/212021.01.11Folio.YVR Issue #13: Pasotti Ombrelli : A Fantastical Weapon Against the Weather
- ☆ Issue #13 - Winter 2020/212021.01.11Folio.YVR ☆ Issue 13 ☆ Nick Cave vs. Fazioli Piano – A Modern Day Parable of Passion
- ☆ Issue #13 - Winter 2020/212021.01.11Folio.YVR ☆ Issue 13 ☆ Jackie Kai Ellis: A Life of Her Own Creation
- ☆ Issue #13 - Winter 2020/212021.01.05Folio.YVR ☆ Issue 13 ☆ Ann Goldberg: A Cake is a Cake is a Cake