No matter how many of the stately Stefano Ricci boutiques around the world you may visit on your travels, it is a given that upon entering, your breath will be taken away by the signature floral arrangements. Situated first and foremost, each opulent display of nature’s blooms originates from a magnificent hand-pounded silver vessel.
The Stefano Ricci Home Silver Line is made of Sterling Silver 925 and entirely produced by two Florentine master silversmiths within the company headquarters in Fiesole, nestled in the hills of Florence.
Their artistry is truly derived from experience, rather than from being school taught, and their manual skills go hand-in-hand with the study of secrets that only Master craftsmen can pass down from generation to generation.
The original designs are always created by-hand, first sketched in pencil by Stefano Ricci himself, and then passed to the silversmiths.
The exquisite bowls, serving platters, plates, and vases, all contain depictions of nature’s strongest animals, including the company’s eagle icon, lions, giant octopus, elephants, and more.
The pair works in tandem, creating pieces from hand using only a pencil, marker, tar, chisels, and various hammering tools. The output is relative to each project undertaken—a chalice can take one week, a tray around 15 days, and an incredible centerpiece a month or more.
The sketches are first applied to the silver, which is then tapped out from the inside of the vessel. Once complete, the vessel is filled with tar, and the exterior is sculpted. Each piece is polished to perfection and set aside for inspection. This routine is completed day-after-day by the two who have made it their passion to continue the trade of their fathers.
On your next visit to the Stefano Ricci boutique in Vancouver’s Luxury Zone, take note of the arrangement on the entry table. Below the grandiose arrangement of blooms, the pedestal bowl is resplendent with an intricately chiselled biblical story of the procession of the animals to the ark. An incredible one-of-a-kind piece of art is well worth more than a passing glance.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- FoF ☆ Design & DecorNovember 29, 2023Fairmont Pacific Rim Launches Wedding & Gala Design Studio
- FoF ☆ Travel & AdventureNovember 26, 2023Are You Ready to ‘Stay in Style’ with Fairmont Pacific Rim x Dior?
- FoF ☆ Charity & PhilanthropyNovember 23, 2023Young Elite Vancouver 7th Annual Gala Celebration [PHOTOS]
- FoF ☆ Health & WellnessNovember 15, 2023Fairmont Pacific Rim Launches ‘The Nordic Spa’ Wellness Retreat with Thermal Spa