Beau Lake paddleboards are crafted from rich woods like walnut, mahogany, maple, and rosewood. The colouring is deep and lustrous, the lines sleek, and the vision is alluring. Inspired by Gibson guitars and 1950s surf culture, the evocation of 1960s California beach culture tempts us with the possibility of a lifestyle far removed from our city towers.
With offerings so dreamy, it should be no surprise that a different aesthetic drives the co-founders of Beau Lake Co than most entrepreneurs. CEO Paul Lavoie has helped launch brands like BMW, MINI, Telus, and NIKE, and Director of Design Lee Kline has a luxury background having worked with brands like Chanel, Dior, Four Seasons, and the Starwood Hotel Group.
The creative vision of this duo inspired the Beau Lake collection—which also includes boats, surfboards, chairs, and rope fenders—with a simple goal to enhance the waterside experience. Beau Lake boards are constructed with a beaded foam core enclosed in an epoxy fiberglass skin. A Sunburst edge paint finish is named for the iconic Gibson guitars that made the vibrant design famous. The brand also donates part of the company profits towards providing clean water in developing countries and cleaning up the shorelines at home.
At the launch event, a Malibu paddleboard is impressively mounted against the unfinished concrete wall, in front of which guests debated whether this impressive creation was best appreciated as art or as a sporting apparatus.
The brands’ paddleboards: the Malibu, Muskoka, and Tremblant; dock chairs, and rope fenders are available in Vancouver at lifestyle boutique Litchfield. Located at 38 Water Street, the intimate space is inspired by owner Jonathan Litchfield’s credo ‘How We Live’ and is stocked with unique, eclectic, and edgy lifestyle pieces that you did not know you needed—until you beheld them.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. firstname.lastname@example.org
- ☆ Issue #13 - Winter 2020/212021.02.16Folio.YVR ☆ Issue 13 ☆ Villa Cielo Lords Over Finlayson Arms at Villa Eyrie Resort
- ☆ Issue #13 - Winter 2020/212021.02.16Folio.YVR ☆ Issue 13 ☆ Coachwerks Restorations: Maestros of Vintage Mercedes
- ☆ Issue #13 - Winter 2020/212021.02.15Folio.YVR ☆ Issue 13 ☆ VI Motorsport Circuit: A Playground for Driving Enthusiasts
- ☆ Folio.YVR Friends2021.02.10Folio.YVR Friends: Guerlain Invites You to Share KISSKISS Tender Matte with Your Lover