Vancouver residents can now satisfy their culinary cravings at MILA in historic Chinatown. Sister restaurant to the award-winning Virtuous Pie—whose vegan pizza and ice cream has captured hearts and taste buds citywide—MILA is an internationally inspired haven full of flavourful vegan-friendly fare.
MILA transcends borders and cultures to capture the universal excitement, warmth and connection of dining together – all while serving tantalizing plantbased food. The 100-seat restaurant (which will operate at 82 seats to adhere to COVID-19 safety measures) is situated between Keefer and Main Street in the space formerly occupied by Juniper Restaurant & Bar. The new eatery exudes delightful innovation and an all-encompassing belief that the best memories are made when lingering over a shared meal.
With a food program developed by Red Seal Chef Jim Vesal, MILA’s menu is elevated yet approachable, boasting globally inspired dishes with Asian flair that nods to the surrounding neighbourhood.
“We’re thrilled to debut MILA’s one-of-a-kind menu to Vancouverites this September with the goal of introducing dishes that diners haven’t seen before,” says Vesal.
Diners can expect an enticing menu including decadent mushroom and sausage tagliatelle with pistachio pesto cashew cream, a fully-loaded Smash Burger, a signature sushi roll made with heart of palm crab mix, and an Aburi lox oshi with cured carrot lox.
Cocktail offerings are equally alluring, with bold originals like the Smoky MILA Sour (bourbon, cane syrup, vegan foamer and an Ardberg float); and the Orange Crush (pale ale, gin, cane syrup and blood orange soda). Craft beer, cider and wine are also available on the menu.
MILA’s fresh design updates the former space’s dim lighting and neutral colours with warm pastel hues and brighter lighting. Contrast takes centre stage and at the centre, a majestic suspended light feature.
MILA is located at 185 Keefer Street and is open daily for lunch and dinner. Check-out @M!LA Instagram for updates, hours, and specials.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. [email protected]
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.23Birks x Greta Constantine: A Most Canadian Collaboration
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.23Birks High Jewellery: Unparalleled Artistry
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.22Habitat by Aeon: Shama Gupta’s Global Vision Realized
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.19Roden Gray: Opens in CF Richmond Centre & Adds Gufram