Luxury fashion fans are invited to explore the relaunched ‘The Room’ in the historic Hudson’s Bay Company downtown. Riding the escalator up to the second floor has never been so exciting! During the pandemic, the Team at The Room were busy completely overhauling the look, feel, and fashion-forward thinking that has kept this shopping destination fresh and full of surprises for all these years.
The Room has undergone an extensive renovation of over 13,000-square-feet of retail space that includes the addition of men’s brands and a renewed attention towards localized product selection.
A Space for Discovery
The glittery space is meant to promote exploration and discovery, allowing the customer to drift between unique installations of over 100 brands.
“Discovery is at the core of The Room,” says Tyler Franch, VP Fashion Director of Hudson’s Bay.”We have curated the collections to appeal specifically to the Vancouver market, while still highlighting The Room’s unique point-of-view; one that’s more forward-thinking and conceptual, with a strong representation of each designer’s brand DNA.”
Franch’s inspiration for The Room came from touring global retail concepts in the UK, France, and South Korea, but the Vancouver space is distinctively curated for the West Coast shopper, noted for their edgy aesthetic choices and practicality demanded by the local climate.
In an interview with Retail Insider’s Craig Patterson, French said the retail space could be described as a “bold metallic environment,” featuring metal treaded flooring and dazzling silver walls, giving the overall impression of a “clinical look.”
Rising & Established Designers Showcased
The Room has been described as a retail theatre, with storytelling emphasized through concept spaces, Instagram-worthy photo installations, and pop-up features. The first designer showcase will be a 10-brand emerging Korean designer display featuring KUHO, Low Classic, Andersson Bell, and Yuul Yie.
Act n°1, Anais Jourdan, Arizona Love, Awake Mode, Baum Und Pferdgarten, CASC8, Danielle Guizio,
Deadwood, F_WD, Gauge81, Les Coyotes De Paris, Olivia Rubin
Chloe Gosselin, Kalda, Magda Butrym, Midnight 00, Nicole Saldana, Pwenille x Gia Couture, Rejina Pyo,
Superga x Mary K, Yuul Yie
Ganni, Osoi, Rejina Pyo, The Volon
Andersson Bell, Ann Demeulemeester, Area, Attico, Azzedine Alaïa , Balmain, Chepova, Christopher Kane,
Davi, Duarte, Eckhaus Latta, Giuseppe Di Moribato, Haider Ackermann, JW Anderson, Kassl, Kuho,
Kwaiden, Lanvin, Low Classic, Maison Margiela, Marcelo Burlon, Peter Do, Racil, Rejina Pyo, Remain Birger
Christensen, Rokh, Simone Rocha, Solid Homme, Staud, Suen Suen, Unravel, Versace Jean Couture,
Vetements, Y Project, YCH
Ann Demeulemeester, Cult Gaia, Ganni, Giambatista Valli, Jacquemus, Maison Margiela, Moschino,
Ann Demeulemeester, Azzedine Alaia, Cult Gaia, JW Anderson, Maison Margiela, Staud
Peter Do, Simone Rocha, Y Project
Explore the incredible roster of favourite (and soon to be favourite) brands on display in the iconic Hudson’s Bay at 674 Granville Street in Downtown Vancouver or online using their recently-updated eCommerce shop.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. firstname.lastname@example.org
- ☆ Folio.YVR Friends2021.08.03FolioYVR Friends: Rolls-Royce Launches IRL the New Ghost
- ☆ Folio.YVR Friends2021.08.03Folio.YVR Friends: The Magic of Mendoza’s Susana Balbo Wines
- FoF ☆ Fashion & Lifestyle2021.06.16Christopher Bates: Germany’s Breuninger Welcomes Canadian Design Icon
- FoF ☆ Design & Decor2021.05.06Folio.YVR Friends / Maison Birks x Melissa Andre: An Engagement Collab Worth Checking Out