Luxury fashion fans are invited to explore the relaunched ‘The Room’ in the historic Hudson’s Bay Company downtown. Riding the escalator up to the second floor has never been so exciting! During the pandemic, the Team at The Room were busy completely overhauling the look, feel, and fashion-forward thinking that has kept this shopping destination fresh and full of surprises for all these years.
The Room has undergone an extensive renovation of over 13,000-square-feet of retail space that includes the addition of men’s brands and a renewed attention towards localized product selection.
A Space for Discovery
The glittery space is meant to promote exploration and discovery, allowing the customer to drift between unique installations of over 100 brands.
“Discovery is at the core of The Room,” says Tyler Franch, VP Fashion Director of Hudson’s Bay.”We have curated the collections to appeal specifically to the Vancouver market, while still highlighting The Room’s unique point-of-view; one that’s more forward-thinking and conceptual, with a strong representation of each designer’s brand DNA.”
Franch’s inspiration for The Room came from touring global retail concepts in the UK, France, and South Korea, but the Vancouver space is distinctively curated for the West Coast shopper, noted for their edgy aesthetic choices and practicality demanded by the local climate.
In an interview with Retail Insider’s Craig Patterson, French said the retail space could be described as a “bold metallic environment,” featuring metal treaded flooring and dazzling silver walls, giving the overall impression of a “clinical look.”
Rising & Established Designers Showcased
The Room has been described as a retail theatre, with storytelling emphasized through concept spaces, Instagram-worthy photo installations, and pop-up features. The first designer showcase will be a 10-brand emerging Korean designer display featuring KUHO, Low Classic, Andersson Bell, and Yuul Yie.
Act n°1, Anais Jourdan, Arizona Love, Awake Mode, Baum Und Pferdgarten, CASC8, Danielle Guizio,
Deadwood, F_WD, Gauge81, Les Coyotes De Paris, Olivia Rubin
Chloe Gosselin, Kalda, Magda Butrym, Midnight 00, Nicole Saldana, Pwenille x Gia Couture, Rejina Pyo,
Superga x Mary K, Yuul Yie
Ganni, Osoi, Rejina Pyo, The Volon
Andersson Bell, Ann Demeulemeester, Area, Attico, Azzedine Alaïa , Balmain, Chepova, Christopher Kane,
Davi, Duarte, Eckhaus Latta, Giuseppe Di Moribato, Haider Ackermann, JW Anderson, Kassl, Kuho,
Kwaiden, Lanvin, Low Classic, Maison Margiela, Marcelo Burlon, Peter Do, Racil, Rejina Pyo, Remain Birger
Christensen, Rokh, Simone Rocha, Solid Homme, Staud, Suen Suen, Unravel, Versace Jean Couture,
Vetements, Y Project, YCH
Ann Demeulemeester, Cult Gaia, Ganni, Giambatista Valli, Jacquemus, Maison Margiela, Moschino,
Ann Demeulemeester, Azzedine Alaia, Cult Gaia, JW Anderson, Maison Margiela, Staud
Peter Do, Simone Rocha, Y Project
Explore the incredible roster of favourite (and soon to be favourite) brands on display in the iconic Hudson’s Bay at 674 Granville Street in Downtown Vancouver or online using their recently-updated eCommerce shop.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- FoF ☆ Culinary, Wine, Spirits2023.05.23Kiefer Sutherland Launches Red Bank Whisky – The Spirit of Red Bank, Nova Scotia
- ☆ Issue #18 - Spring 20232023.05.12Showcase Pianos Presents: Chloe Flower, Renaissance Woman [EXCLUSIVE]
- ☆ Issue #18 - Spring 20232023.05.12Next Level Deliciousness: ‘The Art of Raw Desserts’ by Crystal Bonnet
- ☆ Issue #18 - Spring 20232023.05.12Rolls-Royce Phantom Syntopia: Exquisite Collab with Iris van Herpen