In the spring of 2018, the brilliance of Paris-based couture designer Andrew Gn overwhelmed the cold expanse of Yaletown’s Leisure Center. In Vancouver, for a private and very exclusive Trunk Show, Gn arrived with over 150 pieces from his 2018 Collections including Spring/Summer, Pre-Fall, Fall/Winter, and once the scene had been set, he relaxed with a hot tea and awaited his clients.
With ‘May there be light,’ his SS2021 Collection, Gn is connecting with his fanbase on a different level. Forced by a pandemic to step-away from his usual hands-on approach to couture, Gn embraced the challenge of creating for a woman who is seeking less event-driven glamour and a more wearable style.
Of the pandemic design process, Gn shared: “Like so many, during lockdown, I was reassessing my purpose and my work—there’s so much energy that goes into handling uncertainties, and that’s even before you start designing the clothes.”
With ‘May there be light’ Gn masterfully continues his intense love affair with colour, patterns, and metallics. Given the thirst for his work, it is conceivable, that Gn will be held to a lifetime of bringing forth such divinity for his audience to consume.
“Beauty is such an important thing in life. If you don’t see beauty, you don’t see the future.”
– Andrew Gn
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. [email protected]
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.23Birks x Greta Constantine: A Most Canadian Collaboration
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.23Birks High Jewellery: Unparalleled Artistry
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.22Habitat by Aeon: Shama Gupta’s Global Vision Realized
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.19Roden Gray: Opens in CF Richmond Centre & Adds Gufram