In the quiet ski town of Rossland, the team at The Josie Hotel is preparing for a magnificent ski season. The slopes might be a bit less crowded due to the absence of international tourists but luckily for us, all the beautiful powder will be saved for the locals.
A Cozy Stop on The Powder Highway
The Josie is a ski-in ski-out hotel at the foot of Rossland’s RED Mountain Resort. Opened in November 2018, the hotel garnered accolades for its design philosophy which melds directly with its location, creating a balance of small-town charm and world-class ski resort.
As resorts like Whistler Blackcomb have found the world at its doorstep in recent years, many snow enthusiasts are looking to less travelled locations to find fresh tracks. Rossland is in the West Kootenay region, which has been dubbed the Powder Highway in recent years. This neck of the woods boasts some of the highest ‘acres per skier’ numbers among North American resorts, along with hiking, biking, and golfing opportunities in the summer months.
Spa? Yes, Please!
The Josie offers SpaTerre, an Aveda Concept Spa for apres-ski or for those who enjoy staying in and just relaxing! Treat yourself to a Tulasara Customized Facial, Chakra Balancing Massage or Performance Recovery Foot Treatment. So soothing.
Ride. Relax. Repeat.
The Josie features 106 guest rooms and suites, a spa and fitness facility, ski concierge services and slope-side barrel saunas for relaxing after a long day on some of Canada’s most vertical slopes.
When the need for a hearty meal kicks in, the guests can relax in the Velvet Restaurant and Lounge, which does an amazing job of serving up locally-inspired craft dishes with a formidable wine list.
Executive Chef Marc-André Choquette previously ran the kitchen at Vancouver’s Hawksworth and Tableau restaurants and has brought world-class dining to the town of around 4,000 people. Recommended are the Fried Brussels Sprouts, Mushroom Tacos with Salsa, Velvet Veggie Burger with Gluten-free Bun, and a savoury Beet & Arugula Salad.
The Josie is Oft Awarded!
The Josie is the recipient of both the World Ski Awards: Canada’s Best Ski Boutique Hotel and the USA Today 10 Best Readers Choice Travel Awards. It joins the list of several well-respected boutique hotels in the region and shows that Canadian accommodations have no problem competing with some of the best ski hotels in the world.
Season Opens Soon
RED Mountain will be opening for the season with COVID-safe regulations starting December 12th, 2020, and The Josie is available for reservations on December 10th. In their second season, The Josie plans to redefine what upscale mountain accommodation means, so do not miss out on this unique luxury experience.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EcoLuxLifestyle: Shopping SustainablySeptember 12, 2022EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Main Street: Five Feel-Good Shopping Experiences
- EcoLuxLifestyle: Health & WellnessAugust 15, 2022EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Mushrooms: Five Businesses in BC Touting Fungi Alternatives
- EcoLuxLifestyle: EventsAugust 8, 2022EcoLux☆Lifestyle: The Formidable Diner En Blanc is Back! #HiatusCancelled
- EcoLuxLifestyle: GetAwaysJuly 3, 2022EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Celebrating 20 Years! Enjoy a Staycation at OPUS Boutique Hotel in Yaletown