In the late 1850s, Austrian Emperor Franz Joseph and his wife Elizabeth planned a magnificent royal banquet. The evening was to be unforgettable for the invited aristocracy and they would be serving coffee, which in those years was gaining popularity as the embodiment of sophistication and style. The emperor commissioned a device to create a buzz among the guests. It was this event and the Emporer Franz Joseph created the spark for the concept of balancing siphon coffee brewers appeared, which over a century later inspired Royal Paris to create the Royal Coffee Maker.
The Creation of an Award-winning Coffee Brewer
From 1990 onward, the brand Royal Paris founded by Maria Tindemans starts recreating the luxury vacuum coffee maker and sharing this imperial experience with the wealthy contemporaries who appreciate luxury living. Royal Coffee Maker is still more than just a device for producing an excellent drink with extraordinary taste, but also a celebration of the joy of life and sharing the most exciting moments of life with the closest people.
The first balancing siphon coffee brewer combined the knowledge and experience of the world’s best glassmakers, engineers, jewellers, and mathematicians who used fire, steam, pressure, vacuum, and gravity to reveal the exquisite taste of coffee in all its glory. The device is designed in collaboration with French artist Jean-Luc Rieutort. Each piece evolves through numerous sketches and clay moulding, and its development involves leading artists, engineers, metallurgists and sculptors from France.
Customize Your Own Royal Coffee Maker
In addition to its lavish design and technical excellence, Royal Coffee Maker can be tailored to meet individual customer requirements, which makes each item a unique collector’s piece. It takes a minimum 50-hours of meticulous artisanal handcrafting to finish one coffee maker and only six exclusive pieces are produced per month.
The Royal Coffee Maker set has three pieces: a custom-made coffee scoop, the burner vase, and the Baccarat crystal carafe. Each of these elements is selected and processed with a deep reverence for the art of craftsmanship, providing the Royal Coffee Makers with timeless elegance.
Appreciation of Materials
Experts appreciate the quality of materials and the highest level of the Royal assembly quality. But special admiration was caused by the pure 24-karat gold custom-alloy having the shade and hue envisioned by the designers. The coffee maker can also be finished with a smelted copper or a soft pristine silver, extracted directly from the Earth’s crust. When choosing the material for the crystal carafe, Royal Paris craftsmen decided on the world’s finest handcrafted crystal by Baccarat. For the Royal Coffee Maker base, the customers choose the Black Obsidian, sourced from the cooling of felsic lava from a volcano, the Afghan azurite with its marvellous patina of blue and silver, or malachite, mined and smelted in Israel for more than 3,000 years.
The coffee machine, which impressed the elite of society in the 19th century, continues to stir the minds of high-class coffee connoisseurs and of science blended with art, style, and luxurious design. This year, it became the winner of Luxury Lifestyle Awards in the category of The Best Luxury Coffee Maker in the World.
- Luxury Lifestyle Awards is one of the world’s most recognized and respected brands, providing assurance of the highest quality, and representing pioneering excellence and innovation. As media partners, Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine is proud to be chosen to share the stories of worldwide winners who have excelled in their categories. In its 12th year, the Luxury Lifestyle Awards continue to seek and reward brands for reaching the pinnacle of and providing a luxury brand experience to those who appreciate the finest things in life.
- ☆ Luxury Lifestyle Awards2022.07.08Folio.YVR Friends: With Bespokers Experience Greece at Its Finest
- FoF ☆ Design & Decor2022.05.24Folio.YVR Friends: Costa Rica’s SARCO Architects Design Dream Holiday Homes
- ☆ Luxury Lifestyle Awards2022.05.11Folio.YVR Friends: Verijet – Luxury Private Jet Services
- ☆ Luxury Lifestyle Awards2021.09.16Folio.YVR Friends: Hotel Katajanokka – Luxury in the Heart of Helsinki, Finland