From the deck of a BC Ferry, the blowing wind is glorious as it shares the scents and sounds of the ocean that surrounds us. As we approach the shore, a voice on the loudspeaker announces arrival at Swartz Bay. We hurriedly get the electronics tucked away, put a fresh mask on, and begin our descent to disembark.
Waiting for us is a freshly washed and detailed Current Taxi, a Tesla Model X, and a smiling driver. With their Uber-like app, we tapped in our trip details when boarding in Tsawwassen, and 90-minutes later, we are putting our suitcases in the trunk.
Are you are seeking a comfortable, environmentally friendly way to get around on Vancouver Island? Current Taxi is the premium car service provider in Victoria and the surrounding area, serving Sidney, Saanich, Langford, Esquimalt, and Sooke, with all-electric Tesla vehicles.
Along the Malahat in Current Comfort
Current Taxi’s founder Dale Conway has a vision for the company, which began in Kelowna with two cars and a handful of employees. Current Taxi now has 17 vehicles on the road, 100 employees, and the drive to grow the fleet to 90 by 2024.
Conway and his team are 100% committed to providing outstanding service, offering the convenience of an Uber-like app, and bringing a higher standard of taxi service to Victoria at the same rates as their competitors, while also being a more environmentally friendly option.
From the historic Fairmont Empress‘s gilded doors to the Malahat, our driver answered questions, pointed out landmarks, and spoke about the city’s history and current events. One of the most picturesque and requested drives by visitors to Vancouver Island is along the Malahat, which is stunning in late summer as autumn begins to turn the leaves and fog rolls in to blanket the Saanich Inlet.
Named after the Malahat First Nation, this rugged region of heavy forest and cliffs is one of the most beautiful roadways in the world, with viewpoints providing scenic vistas of Saanich Inlet, the Saanich Peninsula, Salt Spring Island, and the BC Gulf Islands in the distance.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. firstname.lastname@example.org
- FoF ☆ Fashion & Lifestyle2021.06.16Christopher Bates: Germany’s Breuninger Welcomes Canadian Design Icon
- FoF ☆ Design & Decor2021.05.06Folio.YVR Friends / Maison Birks x Melissa Andre: An Engagement Collab Worth Checking Out
- ☆ Folio.YVR Friends2021.05.03Folio.YVR Friends / Making a Legend: The Legacy of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Published
- ☆ Folio.YVR Friends2021.04.04Folio.YVR Friends: LVMH Launches the 2021 Objets Nomades in Hong Kong