Jean Paul Gaultier‘s haute couture wedding dresses continue to spread love around the world, this time in Europe. The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts (MMFA) is proud to announce the premiere of Love Is Love: Wedding Bliss For All à la Jean Paul Gaultier at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Belgrade (MSUB), Serbia, where it will be on display until March 2021.
Designed, produced and circulated by the MMFA in collaboration with Maison Jean Paul Gaultier, the exhibition already attracted more than 250,000 visitors during its run at the Centro Cultural Kirchner in Buenos Aires in 2018 and at the MMFA in 2017.
“Now, more than ever, I feel this exhibition is important for the strong social message of freedom, tolerance and resilience it delivers. This premiere also marks the end of his haute couture career and celebrates how during fifty years, he showed his creative and provocative work with humour, that revealed a humanist vision of society as he embraced all cultures and subcultures without any taboos or judgment to portray us as we are only one, beyond fashion,” said exhibition curator Thierry-Maxime Loriot.
Love Is Love: Wedding Bliss For All à la Jean Paul Gaultier showcases the French couturier’s matrimonial designs for couples of all genders and all orientations. The bold silhouettes and refined craftsmanship of the remarkable pieces on display reflect the genius of an extraordinary creator and the virtuosity of his couture workshops.
The Belgrade edition of the exhibition features 38 couture and prêt-à-porter bridal dresses and outfits created by Gaultier between 1991 and 2020, including eight pieces from his final haute couture collection for spring-summer 2020, entitled Fifty years? Get out of here! This collection marked the designer’s official retirement after 50 years in the fashion industry. After his farewell couture show in Paris, Gaultier left Maison Jean Paul Gaultier to pursue other artistic projects.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. email@example.com
- ☆ Issue #13 - Winter 2020/212021.02.16Folio.YVR ☆ Issue 13 ☆ Villa Cielo Lords Over Finlayson Arms at Villa Eyrie Resort
- ☆ Issue #13 - Winter 2020/212021.02.16Folio.YVR ☆ Issue 13 ☆ Coachwerks Restorations: Maestros of Vintage Mercedes
- ☆ Issue #13 - Winter 2020/212021.02.15Folio.YVR ☆ Issue 13 ☆ VI Motorsport Circuit: A Playground for Driving Enthusiasts
- ☆ Folio.YVR Friends2021.02.10Folio.YVR Friends: Guerlain Invites You to Share KISSKISS Tender Matte with Your Lover