Embrace plant-based dining at Japanese restaurant Sushi Maro on Mainland Street. Conveniently located across from the Yaletown Skytrain Station, the neighbourhood go-to for sushi has more than 40 plant-based items on the menu, including an array of Chef’s Special Rolls which are veganized versions of their most popular rolls.
This past fall, owner and businesswoman Sarah Bu worked with a local marketing company to create a new stand-alone menu of all the items on the regular menu that are free from animal products, and to create a one-of-a-kind bento box, aptly named the Vento Box, which contains a delicious array of dishes.
This beautiful box includes wakame on a green salad, gluten-free veggie tempura, a mouth-watering Philly Roll (made with Sea Da Sea ‘Smoked Salmon‘ created from carrot lox, Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese, Modern Meat‘s Crabless Crab Cakes, 3-pieces nigiri (avocado, salmon, inari), and a sweet mochi for dessert. Of course, in true Japanese restaurant tradition, the Vento Box comes with a hot and salty miso soup!
Sarah shared with us, her desire to provide a space that makes everyone feel at home. “At Sushi Maro, our clientele knows that our restaurant is always warm cozy and comfortable, our patio is fun and the perfect place for Happy Hour, and we offer all the flavours and textures you expect from a sushi restaurant plus more. A really great place for amazing sushi and rolls, delicious cocktails, and hot dishes from the kitchen. Now that guests can request the Vegan Menu when they are seated and order easily, without having to ask questions about every item, allows more of our plant-based guests to feel comfortable. This inclusive style of dining is very important to me and the staff.”
Get Your Veg on at Sushi Maro
Plant-based Sushi with Wasabi, Soy Sauce, and Ginger!
Shall We Dine-in or Take-Out?
Sushi Maro is located at 1168 Mainland Street and is open 7-days a week. Opening at 11:30am on week-days and noon on the weekends, guests can enjoy meals and hand-crafted cocktails until midnight every day.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FoF ☆ Charity & PhilanthropySeptember 28, 202341st Edition of Splash Art Auction Announced with New Fashion Moment Addition by Holt Renfrew
- FoF ☆ Fashion & LifestyleSeptember 26, 2023OMEGA Commandeers Beach House Restaurant for Seamaster Family Launch [PHOTOS]
- FoF ☆ VIP EventsSeptember 25, 2023Art Rapture Presents ‘The Throwback’ at Ironworks with Andy Dixon, Ola Volo & Rembrandt [PHOTOS]
- FoF ☆ VIP EventsSeptember 19, 2023Bootleggers Cocktails Brings 1st Drone Show to Vancouver [PHOTOS]