At a location that kisses the edge of Yaletown, Patrick Do and Amanda Clark, launched Do Chay Saigon Vietnamese (original location open at 1392 Kingsway) on Hamilton Street. On the quiet end of this uber-social neighbourhood, Do Chay has a cute cozy patio that is perfect for date night!
The plantbased menu features approachable Vietnamese fare with guests finding their Kingsway favourites available downtown. Guests can select from the all-day menu classics including cast-iron seared coconut rice cakes, black garlic eggplant, and vegan pho, along with neighbourhood specials and an expanded cocktail list.
“When we first opened our Kingsway location last year, we weren’t sure what to expect, but the community embraced us and continues to do so,” says Patrick Do, who will oversee Do Chay Yaletown with his sister, Victoria Do, and mom Yen Do. “We are excited for even more people to discover Do Chay and our commitment to approachable, plant-based Vietnamese food.”
Starters to consider are the refreshing Mango Salad with seitan, lime leaf, bird’s eye chili, peanut, onion, pickled carrots, and lime; and Do Chay Dumplings filled with bamboo, jicama, and peanuts with coconut milk and Ish Sauce.
Many of Do Chay’s flavourful, fun, and inventive plantbased dishes are on the Yaletown menu. Other notables include its Monsoon Roll and finger-licking XO Potstickers. (Read more about Do Chay’s launch of their Kingsway location here).
Until the restrictions are lifted service is take-away and patio seating only.
Do Chay Yaletown is open from 11:30 am to 10 pm Monday to Sunday.
- Reservations can be made online for the dining room
- Patio is first-come, first-serve
- Take-out is also available, as is delivery through Skip The Dishes, DoorDash, and UberEats
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. [email protected]
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.23Birks x Greta Constantine: A Most Canadian Collaboration
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.23Birks High Jewellery: Unparalleled Artistry
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.22Habitat by Aeon: Shama Gupta’s Global Vision Realized
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.19Roden Gray: Opens in CF Richmond Centre & Adds Gufram