Smoothie Bowl. Two words that inspire desire when mentioned. There is something so basic and urgent about a bowl filled with pureed frozen fruit and topped with all the best that nature can produce. Smoothie bowls are super complete and a wonderful way to get all the fruit you need each day. Delicious, nutritious, and so naturally sweet.
Our favourite at-home go-to recipe for a giant bowl or for two to share is the EcoLuxLiving 6-Minute Smoothie:
- 2 cups of frozen blueberries
- 1 Sunrise Flavoured Tofu (150g) – almond, coconut for zing or peach-mango for sweeter fruitier flavour
- 1/2 teaspoon of Truvia (sub in sweet syrup such as agave or date, brown sugar)
- Blend and pour
Top with sliced fruit, nuts and seeds, and if you want to get wild – small cubes of Sunrise Smoked Tofu. If you skip the nut butter, bananas, and avocado (some people do!), this bowl has less than 500 calories Perfect to pair with a wrap for lunch or as an afternoon pick-me-up!
We love that the smoothie bowl purveyors in the Lower Mainland are constantly mixing things up! Before you order, ask if there is a weekly or daily extra-yummy special or if you can customize a bowl to suit your cravings.
Body Energy Club – 16 Locations throughout Lower Mainland
Buddha-Full Provisions – Lower Lonsdale & Northwoods Village
Freshii – 20 Locations!
Hey Kokomo – Vine, Gore, N. Van
Juice Truck – 5 Locations (Steveston to Yaletown)
Those who don’t fancy a big bowl of fruity sweetness, can always check out the veggie smoothie selections. Starting with or adding kale, avocado, and greens, will add a powerful punch of vitamins and really amp up your day!
The Bestie Bowl / Image: @juicetruck
Feature image is another delicious smoothie bowl from Buddha-full Provisions!
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- FoF ☆ Travel & AdventureNovember 26, 2023Are You Ready to ‘Stay in Style’ with Fairmont Pacific Rim x Dior?
- FoF ☆ Charity & PhilanthropyNovember 23, 2023Young Elite Vancouver 7th Annual Gala Celebration [PHOTOS]
- FoF ☆ Health & WellnessNovember 15, 2023Fairmont Pacific Rim Launches ‘The Nordic Spa’ Wellness Retreat with Thermal Spa
- FoF ☆ Culinary, Wine, SpiritsNovember 15, 2023Taiwanese Artist Wu Ching Ru’s ‘Pro Terra et Natura’ at Phantom Creek Estates