Smoothie Bowl. Two words that inspire desire when mentioned. There is something so basic and urgent about a bowl filled with pureed frozen fruit and topped with all the best that nature can produce. Smoothie bowls are super complete and a wonderful way to get all the fruit you need each day. Delicious, nutritious, and so naturally sweet.
Our favourite at-home go-to recipe for a giant bowl or for two to share is the EcoLuxLiving 6-Minute Smoothie:
- 2 cups of frozen blueberries
- 1 Sunrise Flavoured Tofu (150g) – almond, coconut for zing or peach-mango for sweeter fruitier flavour
- 1/2 teaspoon of Truvia (sub in sweet syrup such as agave or date, brown sugar)
- Blend and pour
Top with sliced fruit, nuts and seeds, and if you want to get wild – small cubes of Sunrise Smoked Tofu. If you skip the nut butter, bananas, and avocado (some people do!), this bowl has less than 500 calories Perfect to pair with a wrap for lunch or as an afternoon pick-me-up!
We love that the smoothie bowl purveyors in the Lower Mainland are constantly mixing things up! Before you order, ask if there is a weekly or daily extra-yummy special or if you can customize a bowl to suit your cravings.
Body Energy Club – 16 Locations throughout Lower Mainland
Buddha-Full Provisions – Lower Lonsdale & Northwoods Village
Freshii – 20 Locations!
Hey Kokomo – Vine, Gore, N. Van
Juice Truck – 5 Locations (Steveston to Yaletown)
Those who don’t fancy a big bowl of fruity sweetness, can always check out the veggie smoothie selections. Starting with or adding kale, avocado, and greens, will add a powerful punch of vitamins and really amp up your day!
The Bestie Bowl / Image: @juicetruck
Feature image is another delicious smoothie bowl from Buddha-full Provisions!
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. [email protected]
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.23Birks x Greta Constantine: A Most Canadian Collaboration
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.23Birks High Jewellery: Unparalleled Artistry
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.22Habitat by Aeon: Shama Gupta’s Global Vision Realized
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.19Roden Gray: Opens in CF Richmond Centre & Adds Gufram