Canada’s leading non-profit organization for youth arts education – Arts Umbrella – held its most successful event to date with another unique adaptation of its annual Splash Art Auction & Gala. For an incredible 39-years, Arts Umbrella has connected guests at Splash with acclaimed artists from BC and beyond and has raised more than $9 million in net proceeds to date.
Held on a slightly raining Saturday evening, the fundraiser welcomed more than 600 art aficionados, patrons, creatives, and business and community leaders, virtually and in-person at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. The evening of entertainment, student performances, and a spectacular art auction was a welcome relief for those who have been needing a dressy night out with bubbles.
The swanky gala raised funds that go towards vital scholarships and bursaries, ensuring arts-oriented youth from across Metro Vancouver have equitable access to the arts. For those into art that is wearable, there was a raffle sponsored by the legendary Tiffany & Co. of a gorgeous HardWear graduated link necklace in 18K valued at $16,200. At $100 each, the 250 tickets sold out very quickly!
Congrats to the Team Behind SPLASH Art Auction & Gala
“I am incredibly proud of what we achieved at this year’s Splash Art Auction & Gala,” says Paul Larocque, President & CEO of Arts Umbrella. “The success of this year’s event is a testament to Arts Umbrella’s creativity and resiliency as well as the community’s commitment to youth arts education. The funds raised this year are remarkable and will allow us to continue inspiring young peoples’ lives for the better.”
Raise Those Paddles – There is an Art Auction Happening!
In advance of the live event on October 23, guests and the public were able to browse and place bids on artworks donated by renowned artists such as Stan Douglas, Dana Claxton, and Angela Grossmann. The event, emceed by personalities Gloria Macarenko and Fred Lee, and co-chaired by avid arts supporters Christie Garofalo and Bruce Munro Wright, brought the live auction experience to all with auctioneer Hank Bull interacting with the venue guests in real-time.
SPLASH – A Gorgeous Affair for a Great Cause
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- EcoLuxLifestyle: Shopping SustainablySeptember 12, 2022EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Main Street: Five Feel-Good Shopping Experiences
- EcoLuxLifestyle: Health & WellnessAugust 15, 2022EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Mushrooms: Five Businesses in BC Touting Fungi Alternatives
- EcoLuxLifestyle: EventsAugust 8, 2022EcoLux☆Lifestyle: The Formidable Diner En Blanc is Back! #HiatusCancelled
- EcoLuxLifestyle: GetAwaysJuly 3, 2022EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Celebrating 20 Years! Enjoy a Staycation at OPUS Boutique Hotel in Yaletown