At the Main Street location of Fig Formula (formerly Fig Face), the air is cool with a slight hint of scent. It is hard to pindown but it is kind of like fresh-cut floral stems. It is quiet but not that sterile spa kind of quiet, more of a respectable hush. The interiors are lush and spacious (as compared to the original location on West 4th) and inviting.
At the invitation of the founder JJ Walsh, I am here to enjoy a complimentary Clean+Brilliant Laser facial. This is the latest in fractional laser technology that creates a ton of microscopic thermal injuries to the skin. These injuries trigger your skin’s natural healing process, which in turn boosts collagen and elastin production, and replaces damaged skin with healthy tissue.
Clear+Brilliant is used on the face, neck, and upper chest, and is touted for its ability to smooth fine lines and rough texture. It is also used to minimize the appearance of large pores and fading hyperpigmentation that comes from acne marks and dark spots.
Let’s Get Started!
1. Double cleanse with Dr. Loretta Gentle Hydrating cleanser
Anti-pollution formula infused with moisturizing marine peptides, chamomile and ginger root essential oils to gently cleanse the skin without over stripping, to leave the skin smooth and hydrated.
2. Numbing: Lidocaine
To help reduce any potential discomfort from the laser treatment
3. LED Light Therapy
A non-invasive treatment that penetrates the skin resulting in skin rejuvenation, tissue repair, reduced inflammation, decrease in harmful bacteria, and collagen stimulation.
4. Removal of numbing with witch hazel
A natural astringent to thoroughly cleanse the skin.
5. Hand Piece: Preméa
Superficial, non-ablative, fraxel laser treatment that targets tone, hyperpigmentation, and creates increased permeability for topical skincare.
6. Orgaid Greek Yogurt + Nourishing Sheet Mask (vegan)
Soothes the skin while aiding in rejuvenation and deep hydration by restoring the complexion’s natural flora.
7. Cryoball Massage
Restores radiance, soothes inflammation, and stimulates collagen production by increasing microcirculation, which improves skin texture and tone. So chilling and refreshing!
8. VENN Concentrated Revitalizing Lifting Mask
Supercharged with a concentrated series of potent, efficacy-driven bioactives, including 15 of the world’s most nutritious and powerful antioxidants and peptides, to visibly lift, hydrate and boost radiance in an instant, revealing a perfectly revitalized, 3D re-contoured complexion.
9. VENN Synbiotic Defence Mist
An anti-aging, anti-blemish, anti-inflammatory and microbiome balancing facial mist that helps maintain overall healthy skin.
10. Coola Matte Tint Mineral SPF 30
An antioxidant-rich, non-greasy mineral formula with broad-spectrum SPF 30 sun protection and a light tint to keep the complexion looking fresh and flawless.
What Happened After Treatment?
After the treatment, my skin was quite red but it faded within a few hours. The following day, my face was rough like sandpaper. The Fig Formula technician explained in advance that this phase would last a few days. For the following week, I used a 3-part NudeStix regimen to peel, cleanse, and moisturize. The Lemon-Aid Detox & Glow Micro-Peel was gentle enough to remove the dead skin, the Gentle Hydra-Gel Face Cleanser was next, and finally, the incredible Citrus-C Mask & Daily Moisturizer with Yuzu & Tumeric was so soothing and as I slept, just kept nourishing!
A New Approach to Skin Care & Maintenance at Formula Fig
Formula Fig has an interesting and unique approach to skincare. With a philosophy that injections and facials should be accessible, they offer four monthly memberships to give their guest special pricing on monthly facials and special perks. Check out their website and see which of the Formula Fig monthly packages works for you!
Formula Fig Across Canada!
Follow Formula Fig on Instagram for announcements regarding the launch of Fig Bar Ambleside, in Toronto on Ossington, and down south in Los Angeles in North Sycamore.
- As Editor-in-Chief of EcoLuxLifestyle Magazine, Gio showcases and shines spotlights on Canadian brands and women-led businesses that promote sustainable lifestyles through innovative products and offerings. She is also an assistant editor for additional EcoLuxLuv Communications titles including Folio.YVR, Portfolio.YVR, and West Coast Weddings.
- EcoLuxLifestyle: BeautySeptember 14, 2022EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Teaology: Proving Matcha Is For More Than Lattes!
- EcoLuxLifestyle: BeautySeptember 6, 2022EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Nuez Acres: Creating Clean Skincare with Pecan Oil
- EcoLuxLifestyle: BeautyAugust 24, 2022EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Vacation Suncare: Beautycounter Has You Covered!
- EcoLuxLifestyle: BeautyAugust 17, 2022Wythyn: Plant-based Formulations for Healthy Hair