Whether we are out for the day, relaxing on the couch, or enjoying an evening with friends, pizza has always been the most convenient and accessible food. Whether by the slice or by the pie, it can be tailored to our taste-buds, and is so satisfying!
Vancouver has a great selection of plant-based pies to choose from, and with many of the chain pizzerias entering the scene with new toppings and cauliflower crusts, the selection just got even better!
Pizzeria Grano – Main Street
Pizzeria Grano is a Vancouver pizza restaurant that proudly serves a variety of vegan pizzas to satisfy all your cravings. The menu follows the guidelines of Neapolitan pizza with hand-stretched dough that is topped with traditional ingredients and baked in their domed brick oven. Their vegan menu offers fresh and sustainable local produce. Pizzeria Grano uses cashew mozzarella to make Vancouver’s first plant-based Vera Pizza Napoletana.
Vegan Pizza House – Kingsway & Surrey
Owner and head cook Jimmy Hoang founded Vegan Pizza House in 2011 after noticing very few actual vegan restaurants in Vancouver. He developed a unique menu that offers an array of vegan dishes that can be enjoyed not only by vegans but by everyone. With locations in Vancouver and Surrey, Vegan Pizza House uses only all-vegan fresh ingredients for their pizzas and a selection of souvlakis, spanakopita, and donairs!
Virtuous Pie – Main Street, UBC, Victoria, Portland
Virtuous Pie was founded by passionate vegan foodies Rob Milne and his sons Ben and Alex. Their goal was to provide great-tasting food that was good for our bodies and good for the planet. With Vancouver locations in Chinatown and UBC, one in Victoria, and an Oregon location, the brand was built around the principle of making a welcoming and inclusive space for everyone. Virtuous Pie also dedicates a portion of its revenue to charitable endeavours in local communities.
Vegan Cave – Gastown
Vegan Cave is an exclusively plant-based café that strives toward being earth-friendly. The Vancouver restaurant offers high-quality pizzas and soups, salads and desserts that are all made locally. Their grain-free, artisan crusts and cheeses were created by the café and are packed with nutrients while tasting delicious. Located downtown, Vegan Cave gives back by serving around 150 dishes a month to the underprivileged on the east side of Vancouver.
Panago Pizza – Everywhere
With many locations all over the lower mainland, Panago Pizza is now offering a menu of vegan options. With a variety of crusts, sauces and toppings like dairy-free Daiya cheese, customers can create their custom pizza to their liking. The popular pizza chain believes that everyone deserves to make informed choices regarding the food they put in their body. Panago just made finding vegan food on the go quick and easy by offering vegan options.
Our featured image is by Pizzeria Grano!
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. [email protected]
- FoF ☆ Culinary, Wine, Spirits2023.03.23It’s What’s For Brunch: Wildlight Kitchen + Bar in West Point Grey
- ☆ Issue #17 - Jan/Feb 20232023.03.13Luxury Vegan Travel: Ethos Vegan Suites in Santorini
- ☆ Issue #17 - Jan/Feb 20232023.03.12Lady Dior #7: Celebrating Luxury Design Visionaries
- ☆ Issue #17 - Jan/Feb 20232023.03.11Goodwood: Celebrating 20-Years of Rolls-Royce Excellence