I have always adored the word ‘hiatus.’ Describing a pause or gap in a process was perfect to use in the situation we all found ourselves in for almost three years.
Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine went on hiatus. There was never a doubt in my mind that I would sit down again and begin writing the ‘next’ issue at some point. My desire to experience and share life’s beautiful moments never left, and now as our world is shakily restarting, the passion for publishing is foremost in my thoughts.
This issue, join me on a journey to the majestic Fairmont Banff Springs, where, as a guest of Rolls-Royce, I enjoyed a road-trip through the Rockies in the Black Badge Ghost, indulged in incredible plant-based dining, and a quirky cocktail class with the affable Gerry Spahn.
In Los Angeles the following week for the Vegan Women Summit with Laura Simonson, the incredible founder of VIRCHEW, I shared experiences with the who’s who in impact investing and a breath-taking meal at Matthew Kenney’s Plant Food + Wine. The evening concluded with a trip into the past at Lilly Rose in a secret speakeasy at the Wayfarer Hotel.
Back in Vancouver, with Showcase Pianos‘ Manuel Bernaschek, I visited Westbank‘s impressive eco- and dog-friendly offices downtown. A behind-the-scenes look into the developer’s fondness of Fazioli pianos brought me face-to-face with a playful wall mural which I photographed for this issue’s cover.
Take a tour through Kalu Interiors‘ redesign of the Kassam Kazakov residence, meet Oyéta Kokoroko of OKOKO Cosmétiques in her studio, dine with the inspirational Chef Chanthy Yen at Nightshade and enjoy a sneak peek of Ann Goldberg‘s enticing Asclepias from her upcoming exhibition at HSBC Gallery.
Folio.YVR is a testament to a city full of personalities that love and embrace the west coast vibe, especially with their attention to beauty.
On the surface, Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine explores west coast ecoluxury; it is a snapshot of the brands, services, personalities, and events that make our city unique and very attractive to those around the world who visit, reside here, and engage in our retail and hospitality. But behind this gorgeous glossy facade is a powerful marketing company that drives our curated content across the globe to a captive audience that appreciates the value of living well. Curious as to how to get your incredible story into the pages of Folio.YVR? Please email me!
All my best,
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, PORTFOLIOY.YVR Business & Entrepreneurs Magazine, and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024This Top-Ranking Team is Passionate About Real Estate & Community
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024Showcase Pianos Presents: Miist the Singer
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024Paolo Fazioli: A Legacy of Sound & World’s Best Pianos
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024The Mercedes-Maybach EQS 680 SUV Elevates City Driving