I have always adored the word ‘hiatus.’ Describing a pause or gap in a process was perfect to use in the situation we all found ourselves in for almost three years.
Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine went on hiatus. There was never a doubt in my mind that I would sit down again and begin writing the ‘next’ issue at some point. My desire to experience and share life’s beautiful moments never left, and now as our world is shakily restarting, the passion for publishing is foremost in my thoughts.
This issue, join me on a journey to the majestic Fairmont Banff Springs, where, as a guest of Rolls-Royce, I enjoyed a road-trip through the Rockies in the Black Badge Ghost, indulged in incredible plant-based dining, and a quirky cocktail class with the affable Gerry Spahn.
In Los Angeles the following week for the Vegan Women Summit with Laura Simonson, the incredible founder of VIRCHEW, I shared experiences with the who’s who in impact investing and a breath-taking meal at Matthew Kenney’s Plant Food + Wine. The evening concluded with a trip into the past at Lilly Rose in a secret speakeasy at the Wayfarer Hotel.
Back in Vancouver, with Showcase Pianos‘ Manuel Bernaschek, I visited Westbank‘s impressive eco- and dog-friendly offices downtown. A behind-the-scenes look into the developer’s fondness of Fazioli pianos brought me face-to-face with a playful wall mural which I photographed for this issue’s cover.
Take a tour through Kalu Interiors‘ redesign of the Kassam Kazakov residence, meet Oyéta Kokoroko of OKOKO Cosmétiques in her studio, dine with the inspirational Chef Chanthy Yen at Nightshade and enjoy a sneak peek of Ann Goldberg‘s enticing Asclepias from her upcoming exhibition at HSBC Gallery.
Folio.YVR is a testament to a city full of personalities that love and embrace the west coast vibe, especially with their attention to beauty.
On the surface, Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine explores west coast ecoluxury; it is a snapshot of the brands, services, personalities, and events that make our city unique and very attractive to those around the world who visit, reside here, and engage in our retail and hospitality. But behind this gorgeous glossy facade is a powerful marketing company that drives our curated content across the globe to a captive audience that appreciates the value of living well. Curious as to how to get your incredible story into the pages of Folio.YVR? Please email me!
All my best,
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. [email protected]
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.23Birks x Greta Constantine: A Most Canadian Collaboration
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.23Birks High Jewellery: Unparalleled Artistry
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.22Habitat by Aeon: Shama Gupta’s Global Vision Realized
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.19Roden Gray: Opens in CF Richmond Centre & Adds Gufram