The beauty industry is in overdrive with products and influencers on a dozen platforms touting the next big thing, all to drive trends instead of ‘smart beauty.’ Beauty that is anchored in essentials, quality, and consistency. With this in mind, we want to re-introduce one of our go-to local brands for beauty: SAPPHO New Paradigm.
Founded over 10-years ago by Emmy-nominated MUA, JoAnn Fowler, the brand is a women-led luxury, vegan and organic colour cosmetic line, free of known carcinogens and endocrine disruptors. Their raison d’etre is to offer luxurious, beautiful, healthy, kind and thoughtful products which are packaged sustainably.
The SAPPHO New Paradigm products are designed by JoAnn and formulated for performance by experts. The collection offers products which blend impeccably with all skin types. Created with the finest certified organic ingredients, infused with phytonutrients and tested by professional makeup artists, the performance of this line proves that using organic makeup products is truly an upgrade.
Sappho New Paradigm products are extraordinary!
- No known harmful or hormone disruptive ingredients
- Vegan & Cruelty-Free certified by PETA
- Made with low heavy metal ECOCERT® minerals
- Mica suppliers are members of the Responsible Mica Initiative
- Produced and formulated in Canada, in a zero carbon footprint facility
- Loaded with phytonutrients and antioxidants
- Offer a diverse, global shade range
- Foundations PFAS free
Skin Perfecting Primer
Step one: prime. Following your skincare and SPF, apply this lightweight, phytonutrient-rich, silicone-free base formula to create a smooth base for your makeup. This EU Certified primer provides an extra layer of organic nourishment between skincare and foundation. This will leave the skin feeling soft, moisturized, and assist in minimizing the appearance of large pores. You can choose between two formulations for either oily or dry to normal skin.
Perfect Finish Buffer Brush
This high-quality PETA Certified brush can be used with powder and liquid formulas to elevate any application. As said in the name, this brush ensures a smooth, airbrush-like finish for a full makeup look or for buffing and finishing. It is also designed to fit in your purse.
This award-winning, this vegan foundation was created for light to medium coverage with a soft satin finish. It is made with certified organic ingredients as well as low heavy metal, ethically mined minerals. Those with combination-to-oily skin will love the lightweight feel of this formula. It is offered in 14 global tones and shades. After shaking, apply a small dab of the liquid foundation to your cheeks, chin and forehead. Using clean fingers or a brush, blend the foundation outward and finish with a dusting of setting powder, loose or pressed if needed. You can also mix a few drops of the foundation with a moisturizer or serum for sheer coverage or with a face oil for a dewier finish.
This concealer has full corrective coverage that is as smooth as silk and gentle to treat the delicate skin under the eyes. In addition to being water-free, the concealer is made with deeply concentrated colour-correcting minerals, that camouflage skin discolouration, redness and dark circles or spots. It is a proclaimed makeup artist favourite that is long-lasting and does not crease with wear. Lightly dab product to the under-eye area and blend gently with fingers or a concealer brush. Apply concealer directly to any uneven skin including areas surrounding the chin, nose and mouth, and build as necessary. It is offered in 6 global tones.
Eyes Open Eyeshadow
Satiny, matte, shimmery, neutral, or bold – no matter what it is, it is MUA approved! This collection of richly pigmented eyeshadow colours is available in 19 tones from everyday wear to glam. These smooth and long-lasting shadows are consciously formulated using low heavy metal, child labour-free minerals pressed with certified organic argan and jojoba oils, and with gentle herb and flower extracts. Apply with an eyeshadow brush either wet or dry, and double it as an eyeliner using an angled brush. For the summer, colours Rebekah, Minaz, Tanya, Merrady, and Victoria work with almost all skin tones for a day-in-the-sun or fun night-out look.
Brow Pomade Blush
Another water-free and powerfully pigmented formula. This line of brow pomade uses certified organic oils and natural waxes with delicate flower extracts which are long-lasting with a light gel finish. Apply the pomade with an angled brush to add long-lasting colour and form to your brows organically. It can be used on all skin types to define or thicken eyebrows, with nourishing castor, jojoba and argan oils that promote healthy growth.
Maximum Intensity Mascara
This mascara is everything we want: luscious and smudge-free. The formula creates intensely black, long, and full lashes that do not smear. The silicone wand is useful for de-clumping and separating lashes with the potential to build from light to dramatic. Made from organic fruit and plant waxes, it is safe and gentle enough to come off with water. If you are looking for a go-to everyday mascara, this is the one.
Speak Volumes Lip Gloss
Think luxurious moisture. Made with richly-toned minerals suspended in organic oils and butters, and finished with a light touch of stevia and lemongrass, this gloss is a crowd-favourite. It can be applied lightly or generously, depending on the look you are going for. You can also blend it onto the cheeks as a blush or use it as glossy top eye makeup. It is available in 5 different shades.
Launched in 2016, SAPPHO New Paradigm is now available globally through retailers in Canada, USA, Europe, Australia, Taipei, Hong Kong, and online. Find them on the SAPPHO New Paradigm website or at a retailer near you.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- FoF ☆ Culinary, Wine, Spirits2023.05.23Kiefer Sutherland Launches Red Bank Whisky – The Spirit of Red Bank, Nova Scotia
- ☆ Issue #18 - Spring 20232023.05.12Showcase Pianos Presents: Chloe Flower, Renaissance Woman [EXCLUSIVE]
- ☆ Issue #18 - Spring 20232023.05.12Next Level Deliciousness: ‘The Art of Raw Desserts’ by Crystal Bonnet
- ☆ Issue #18 - Spring 20232023.05.12Rolls-Royce Phantom Syntopia: Exquisite Collab with Iris van Herpen