Looking for the ideal weekend adventure or day trip this summer – that does not involve jumping on a plane? We suggest trying one or all of these five fantastic wineries in beautiful British Columbia’s Okanagan. Relax and enjoy the various offerings at these incredible locations – wine, food, education, and conversation – all with visually stunning surroundings. With the weather this fine, make your reservation, pack light, and hit the road. Within hours, you will likely find yourself with sandals off, sunglasses on, and a glass of something crisp and delicious in your hand!
Recommended Organic Wineries in BC’s Okanagan
Orofino Winery – Cawston
Orofino is one of the most beautiful wineries in the Okanagan With over 19 years of experience with winemaking in the Similkameen Valley. Located in Cawston, the vineyard was first planted in 1989 and still has some of the original blocks today including their Pinot Noir, Merlot and Riesling grapes. The winery was constructed from straw bales to make a more energy-efficient structure that keeps it cool in the hot desert summers and warm in the winter. It is a family-run business that focuses on giving the utmost attention to each grape to make exceptional wines.
Summerhill Pyramid Winery – Kelowna
Landmarked by the pyramid structure outside, Summerhill Pyramid Winery, founded in 1986, has strong values that encapsulate its vision of caring for the planet and having gratitude for the earth and its inhabitants. All of the wines are completely vegan with no animal by-products ingredients. The Vineyard uses natural biodiversity to uphold the ecological balance and grow quality grapes without the use of any synthetics. Summerhill Pyramid Winery offers many organic wines from sparkling to red to icewine.
Tantalus Vineyards – Kelowna
Tantalus Vineyard is known as one of the oldest continuously producing vineyards in British Columbia since it was first planted in 1927. The winery was BC’s first LEED (Leadership in Environmental and Energy Design) certified winery and does not use any herbicides or insecticides. The inaugural 2005 vintage attracted the attention of national and international wine critics and the wines were quickly on the list of Canada’s best Riesling producers. Today, Tantalus is recognized for its high-quality, organic Pinot Noir and Chardonnay.
Liquidity Winery – Okanagan Falls
Liquidity Winery’s owner Amy Paynter believes that her creative spirit, love of science and passion for the outdoors has fuelled her winemaking. Located in Okanagan Falls since 2008, the winery offers a variety of reds and whites that you buy on their own or join the wine club and receive shipments of your selection of 12 wines annually. The collection of Reserve wines at Liquidity are ready to enjoy now but also can be cellared for years to come.
Nk’Mip Cellars – Osoyoos
Nk’Mip Cellars is a proudly Indigenous-owned winery that is a celebration and reflection of its commitment to authenticity and respect for the rich history. Their international award-winning wines are completely organic and made to be enjoyed with others. The cellar uses the knowledge, hard work and innovation of the Osoyoos First Nations to produce high-quality grapes and create delicious wines with you in mind.
Feature photo courtesy of Summerhill Pyramid Winery in Kelowna.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at email@example.com.
- FoF ☆ Charity & PhilanthropySeptember 28, 202341st Edition of Splash Art Auction Announced with New Fashion Moment Addition by Holt Renfrew
- FoF ☆ Fashion & LifestyleSeptember 26, 2023OMEGA Commandeers Beach House Restaurant for Seamaster Family Launch [PHOTOS]
- FoF ☆ VIP EventsSeptember 25, 2023Art Rapture Presents ‘The Throwback’ at Ironworks with Andy Dixon, Ola Volo & Rembrandt [PHOTOS]
- FoF ☆ VIP EventsSeptember 19, 2023Bootleggers Cocktails Brings 1st Drone Show to Vancouver [PHOTOS]