When the weather heats up, refreshing summer cocktails are the perfect way to stay cool. Some of our favourites are poured directly from a blender and others are shaken up to frothy perfection. If you are thinking of cranking open the patio umbrella this weekend and welcoming over guests, consider ‘ready-to-enjoy’ pre-calibrated cocktails. Unlike canned ‘ready-to-drink’ options which contain dubious ingredients and preservatives, RTE beverages are an elevated option which will cut down on sourcing ingredients and prep time.
Today, we are sharing for your consideration a twist on the classic Campari Negroni and the silky smooth Amarula Vegan.
Campari Negroni RTE
The Campari Negroni ‘Ready to Enjoy’ is the perfect way to enjoy an expertly crafted cocktail as an aperitivo, during dinner, or at parties.
Negroni, invented in Florence in 1919 by Count Negroni, was created by chance when Count asked the barman to add a touch of gin rather than soda to his Americano. The new RTE is made using the same iconic ingredients as the original Negroni, with Campari as the key ingredient, and each bottle is designed to make four perfect serves.
Simple yet balanced, the new Campari Negroni offers a crafted blend of juniper and sweet citrus notes, mixed with herbs and spices to develop into a long-lasting smooth bittersweet finish. The recipe combines Campari – the defining ingredient, with London Dry Gin and Cinzano Sweet Red Vermouth. In the summer, we must admit enjoying adding a touch of sparkling soda and extra ice to up the coolness quotient! In ours, we topped 2 ounces of Negroni RTE with Key Lime Lacroix and the result was delicious and refreshing!
To create a classic Negroni, simply pour over ice in a rock tumbler glass, stir and garnish with a slice of orange. Effortlessly enjoyed, the beloved cocktail also pairs well with a vegan charcuterie board. Build your own with a mix of Blue Heron and Nuts for Cheese, Tofurky slices, flavourful hummus, olives, and pickles.
Amarula Vegan RTE
Amarula plant-based is made from luxurious coconut milk blended with the spirit of the distinctive signature Marula fruit that has made Amarula a global sensation in over 100 countries.
This newest plant-based indulgence offers an exotic taste sensation with gentle notes of caramel, vanilla and creamy coconut finished with complex notes of Marula fruit. Besides being dairy and nut-free, Amarula plant-based is gluten-free and free from artificial colours and flavours.
Contrasting the signature caramel-coloured Amarula original cream liqueur bottle outfitted with a gold tassel, the new plant-based liqueur features a lighter iridescent bottle featuring a distinct plant-based logo and burgundy tassel making it easy to decipher on the shelf, especially for those with food allergies and intolerances.
Let’s Mix Up the Amarula!
Creates 2 servings using a Coupe Glass
2 oz Amarula Plant-based
2 oz silver tequila
1½ oz lime juice
1¾ oz agave syrup
Rim each glass with coarse salt/sugar and garnish with a lime wheel.
Add salt, sugar and lime zest to a small plate.
Wet the rim of the glass and roll the rim around the plate.
Add all the ingredients with ice to a shaker and shake.
Double strain over the glass.
Garnish with a lime wheel.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. email@example.com
- FoF ☆ Culinary, Wine, Spirits2022.12.07Gastown’s Pourhouse Does the Season Right with Cocktail Countdown!
- FoF ☆ Beauty & Self-Care2022.11.02Explore Alternative Health & Wellness Treatments in Vancouver
- FoF ☆ Culinary, Wine, Spirits2022.10.29Nightshade Wins Coveted MICHELIN Bib Gourmand Award!
- FoF ☆ Culinary, Wine, Spirits2022.10.28Michelin Guide Vancouver Agrees the Botanist Bar is Expectional!