In a small 15-seat restaurant on Hastings Street, Victor Bouzide founded Nuba nearly 20 years ago with a desire to spread the goodness of his grandmother’s cooking. Today, Nuba continues to grow and share its delicious dishes in four communities in Vancouver – Gastown, Mount Pleasant, Yaletown, and Kitsilano.
With the patio season well underway, we felt it was time to revisit one of our favourite Nuba locations – Yaletown! Foodie and team photographer Erica Wong accepted the assignment and enjoyed an incredible plant-based brunch menu on the breezy patio.
Let’s Dig into Plant-based Deliciousness at Nuba!
International Hummus Day?
Did you know that hummus has its own day? May 13th is the day of recognition for this versatile and tasty dish. The main ingredient – chickpeas – are a fantastic source of protein, fibre, and other essential amino acids, and are low in fat. Nuba only uses 100% traceable Kabuli chickpeas grown by Canadian farmers and sourced by local artisan flour mill and bakery, Flourist. Since the first location of the Lebanese eatery opened almost two decades ago, it’s become renowned for its tried and true version of the Middle Eastern staple, and now, fans can enjoy it at home.
Hummus for Days!
Nuba’s Trio of Hummus – Classic Lebanese, Spicy Green (Herb & Jalapeno), and Tangy Sweet (Pomegranate & Sumac) made it to the finals in Vancouver Magazine’s Made in Vancouver Awards 2022. This delectable trio is available through Spud Delivers, Be Fresh, and Organic Acres Market. Never be without again!
If you are looking for authentic, satisfying, plant-based Middle Eastern food, order in from the Nuba website or visit any of their four locations around the Lower Mainland.
Featured image by photographer Erica Wong.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. [email protected]
- FoF ☆ Culinary, Wine, Spirits2023.03.23It’s What’s For Brunch: Wildlight Kitchen + Bar in West Point Grey
- ☆ Issue #17 - Jan/Feb 20232023.03.13Luxury Vegan Travel: Ethos Vegan Suites in Santorini
- ☆ Issue #17 - Jan/Feb 20232023.03.12Lady Dior #7: Celebrating Luxury Design Visionaries
- ☆ Issue #17 - Jan/Feb 20232023.03.11Goodwood: Celebrating 20-Years of Rolls-Royce Excellence