In a small 15-seat restaurant on Hastings Street, Victor Bouzide founded Nuba nearly 20 years ago with a desire to spread the goodness of his grandmother’s cooking. Today, Nuba continues to grow and share its delicious dishes in four communities in Vancouver – Gastown, Mount Pleasant, Yaletown, and Kitsilano.
With the patio season well underway, we felt it was time to revisit one of our favourite Nuba locations – Yaletown! Foodie and team photographer Erica Wong accepted the assignment and enjoyed an incredible plant-based brunch menu on the breezy patio.
Let’s Dig into Plant-based Deliciousness at Nuba!
International Hummus Day?
Did you know that hummus has its own day? May 13th is the day of recognition for this versatile and tasty dish. The main ingredient – chickpeas – are a fantastic source of protein, fibre, and other essential amino acids, and are low in fat. Nuba only uses 100% traceable Kabuli chickpeas grown by Canadian farmers and sourced by local artisan flour mill and bakery, Flourist. Since the first location of the Lebanese eatery opened almost two decades ago, it’s become renowned for its tried and true version of the Middle Eastern staple, and now, fans can enjoy it at home.
Hummus for Days!
Nuba’s Trio of Hummus – Classic Lebanese, Spicy Green (Herb & Jalapeno), and Tangy Sweet (Pomegranate & Sumac) made it to the finals in Vancouver Magazine’s Made in Vancouver Awards 2022. This delectable trio is available through Spud Delivers, Be Fresh, and Organic Acres Market. Never be without again!
If you are looking for authentic, satisfying, plant-based Middle Eastern food, order in from the Nuba website or visit any of their four locations around the Lower Mainland.
Featured image by photographer Erica Wong.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- FoF ☆ Design & DecorNovember 29, 2023Fairmont Pacific Rim Launches Wedding & Gala Design Studio
- FoF ☆ Travel & AdventureNovember 26, 2023Are You Ready to ‘Stay in Style’ with Fairmont Pacific Rim x Dior?
- FoF ☆ Charity & PhilanthropyNovember 23, 2023Young Elite Vancouver 7th Annual Gala Celebration [PHOTOS]
- FoF ☆ Health & WellnessNovember 15, 2023Fairmont Pacific Rim Launches ‘The Nordic Spa’ Wellness Retreat with Thermal Spa