With the promise of boosting your immune system, improving moods, and fighting anxiety, mushroom supplements are gaining popularity across the Lower Mainland and Canada.
Mushrooms: Part of Your Health & Wellness Routine
Different from the mushrooms we love to chop up and add to almost everything, psilocybin (the trippy ones) and adaptogen (non-trippy ones) mushrooms are ingested in powder form, pill or powder in a caplet, or consumed as a coffee substitute in a hot beverage format.
Medicinal mushrooms have been used since ancient times all over the world. Modern studies have shown that they may be influential in balancing and restoring your immune system, increasing oxygen flow to your cells, and improving mental and creative acuity. Also, mushrooms may assist in regulating blood sugar, lower stress levels, ensure restful sleep, and potentially cure many physical, emotional, and mental ailments.
The 7 Most Common Medicinal Mushrooms
Chaga: Delivers an immune system boost and has anti-inflammation powers. Chaga mushrooms have some proven virtues and have been used for centuries for health purposes.
Reishi: Used for mood stabilization and immune health. Reishi mushroom studies indicate that the fungus helps reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression and to balance energy levels.
Lion’s Mane: Considered one of the most potent medicinal mushrooms. A few of the benefits of Lion’s Mane are inflammation reduction, immunity-boosting, and a treatment for anxiety.
Cordyceps: Cordyceps fungus is uniquely effective for boosting mental and physical energy by helping the cardiovascular system utilize oxygen more efficiently, upping alertness and athletic performance.
Turkey Tail: Improves immune function by stimulating cytokine production, increasing natural killer cells, and other immune-boosting functions.
Shiitake: Great for immunity and liver health, and the supporting cardiovascular system.
Maitake: Support immune function by stimulating the immune system’s lymphocytes, natural killer cells, monocytes, and T-helper cells.
Mushrooms: 5 BC-Based Businesses Worth Looking Into
MUD/WTR founded by Shane Heath in 2018, is a coffee alternative brand made with organic, vegan, and gluten-free ingredients. Filled with both young and old bacteria cultures, the beverage provides health and performance benefits, like increasing energy and clarity. Whether you are seeking an energy boost, relaxation, or creamer and sweetener, their range of products is designed to boost your physical and mental health. If you are trying to cut out coffee but still want the ritual and the boost, you may find that MUD/WTR can do all that coffee can and more.
Transcend Wellness Therapy
Canadian brand Transcend Wellness Therapy strives to help people improve their wellness, specifically those suffering from mental illness and stress. Based in BC, the company sources the highest quality mushrooms and ingredients available in Canada. With formulations that target focus, anxiety reduction, improved memory function and increased energy, Transcend Wellness Therapy can help improve your day-to-day life.
Stay Wyld Organics
After suffering from the lasting symptoms of several concussions, Chris Brown, founder of Stay Wyld Organics tried Lion’s Mane on a recommendation of a friend. Within weeks he saw results, having improved mental clarity and focus which in turn changed his life. After experiencing the positive effects for himself, he set out to learn more about the benefits of mushrooms and share his findings with others. The brand’s capsules and powers are made from 100% organic mushrooms. Stay Wyld Organics is an all-natural and healthy answer for those looking for increased focus and productivity.
With their name meaning change, Eversio Wellness, started by Craig and Brandi Garden, has made it its mission to change lives through the benefits of fungi. Addressing two of the most common health concerns, long-term stress support and long-term immune support, this formulation is more needed than ever. With all organic ingredients, their capsules provide many benefits from improved concentration, better gut health and help with stress and sleep.
Made with the goal to optimize the health and wellness of its users, Optimi Health makes natural mushroom formulations. As a certified producer of natural psilocybin, the capsules and protein powers combine ingredients like lion’s mane and reishi to help with fighting stress, supporting your immunity and improving brain function. Optimi strives to make a future where natural alternatives can help with a wide variety of mental health concerns.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- EcoLuxLifestyle: Shopping SustainablySeptember 12, 2022EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Main Street: Five Feel-Good Shopping Experiences
- EcoLuxLifestyle: Health & WellnessAugust 15, 2022EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Mushrooms: Five Businesses in BC Touting Fungi Alternatives
- EcoLuxLifestyle: EventsAugust 8, 2022EcoLux☆Lifestyle: The Formidable Diner En Blanc is Back! #HiatusCancelled
- EcoLuxLifestyle: GetAwaysJuly 3, 2022EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Celebrating 20 Years! Enjoy a Staycation at OPUS Boutique Hotel in Yaletown