If there is one thing more important than trying on a pair of pants before buying them, it is shopping at businesses that keep the environment top of mind. Main Street, one of Vancouver’s top destinations for retail therapy and café-hopping, is lined with independent shops that carry gifts, household items, clothing, and more.
These five trendy Main Street stores will fill your reusable shopping totes in no time!
Front and Company + Gifts
With two stores conveniently located side-by-side, Front and Company + Gifts offers everything you will need for the upcoming fall season. At the clothing storefront, you will find clothing for all that is unique while still being practical and functional. In addition to offering stylish garments and accessories, the store accepts contemporary clothing for consignment. Next door, you will find another shop that will fulfill all your gifting needs, selling candles and homeware to fancy paper products.
Barefoot Contessa Boutique
Barefoot Contessa Boutique offers thoughtfully curated new and preloved treasures. The store’s shelves and racks are stocked with everything from whimsical clothing and jewellery to home goods and dishware. Owner Eva De Viveiros believes everyone should wear what they love and embrace their style. For this reason, she aims to fill her shop with items that will bring joy to customers. Whether you are looking for new or second-hand pieces, Barefoot Contessa Boutique will have something special.
Vincent Park is a one-stop shop for modern and chic clothing, accessories, and gifts. Carrying high-quality and minimalistic clothing, the store has plenty of options for casual everyday looks and jewellery that will garner plenty of compliments when worn to events. Customers will also find beautiful throw blankets, baskets, and candles that can spruce up your living space and create a warm ambiance—just in time for fall. In addition to clothing and home goods, Vincent Park offers an impressive selection of bath and body products.
It is incredibly easy to spend hours browsing in Eugene Choo as it boasts an extraordinary assortment of clothing, accessories, and home goods. Owner Kildare Curtis has always been passionate about finding one-of-a-kind, carefully created items. Having lived in several small towns in the Canadian arctic and prairies, Curtis developed a love for design, inspired by his mother’s painting and textile work. After a long career as a vintage dealer on the West Coast, Curtis opened Eugene Choo in 2000 and has built the store into a popular shopping spot.
Shameless Resale is where you will find trendy second-hand pairs of shoes, pants, or jackets that will become a staple in your wardrobe. The pre-owned luxury consignment boutique carries fashion-forward pieces that can be added to your closet and worn for years. Shameless Resale partners with Still Fabulous Thrift Store, raising money for support services, programs, and equipment for the BC Children’s Hospital and the BC Women’s Hospital. With a wide assortment of designer garments for men and women, you can feel good about spending your entire shopping budget at Shameless Resale. The luxury boutique’s efforts support the circular economy initiative (less waste!) and a local charity.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- EcoLuxLifestyle: Shopping SustainablySeptember 12, 2022EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Main Street: Five Feel-Good Shopping Experiences
- EcoLuxLifestyle: Health & WellnessAugust 15, 2022EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Mushrooms: Five Businesses in BC Touting Fungi Alternatives
- EcoLuxLifestyle: EventsAugust 8, 2022EcoLux☆Lifestyle: The Formidable Diner En Blanc is Back! #HiatusCancelled
- EcoLuxLifestyle: GetAwaysJuly 3, 2022EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Celebrating 20 Years! Enjoy a Staycation at OPUS Boutique Hotel in Yaletown