Did you know that certain teas contain antioxidants and bacteria-fighting catechins that can significantly benefit and improve the skin’s overall health? Cecilia Garofano, entrepreneur and founder of Teaology discovered the benefits and health-enhancing properties of her favourite hot drink and combined it with her professional cosmetics knowledge. The result is a thriving clean beauty brand!
The Power of Matcha
This green tea variety not only makes for delicious nut milk lattes, but it is also the richest in antioxidants. Its leaves are ground and transformed into powder immediately after harvest to ensure their properties remain active.
The origins of matcha can be traced back to the Tang Dynasty in China, which used the tea to form bricks, making it easier to trade. It was later popularized as a tea in the way we know it today by the Song dynasty between the 10th and 13th centuries.
Matcha’s antioxidant levels exceed that of spinach, broccoli, acai berries, blueberries, pomegranate and goji berries by a thousand times! This tea is truly impressive when it comes to both consumption and topical use. Methylxanthines found in the tea have also been shown to stimulate circulation and help promote a radiant and even complexion.
Matcha Skincare From Teaology
Ideal for a self-care day at home, this single-use, biodegradable face and neck mask helps hydrate, firm, tone, and regenerate the skin. Rich in anti-inflammatory properties, it helps improve skin elasticity with a lifting action of the outer layers of the epidermis and acts to reduce signs of aging. The mask fits perfectly onto the face with four ear hooks, ensuring the product remains on the skin and is absorbed as much as possible in 10 minutes. Ideal for all skin types, especially for dry and toneless skin.
Golden Firming Glow Mask
If you love a rich exfoliating face mask, this is the one for you. The formula is infused with snippets of tea leaves which help treat dryness and dullness while leaving the skin feeling firm and nourished. The infused matcha aids in protecting against cellular aging while the added turmeric act as a natural source of vitamin C to brighten the skin. Apply on freshly washed and dried face. Ideal for all skin types.
Matcha Fresh Cream
Love hydrated skin but dislike the sticky feeling that can come with some moisturizers? This cream feels like a refreshing gel sorbet but acts like a powerful moisturizer ensuring 72 hours of hydration. Once applied, it absorbs in just a few seconds, giving a radiant but non-greasy look to the skin. The infused matcha and hyaluronic acid combination help target redness, inflammation, and dehydration. Made for normal to combination skin.
Learn more about Teaology, the vegan and cruelty-free skincare brand, and their various tea-infused products on their website.
- As Editor-in-Chief of EcoLuxLifestyle Magazine, Gio showcases and shines spotlights on Canadian brands and women-led businesses that promote sustainable lifestyles through innovative products and offerings. She is also an assistant editor for additional EcoLuxLuv Communications titles including Folio.YVR, Portfolio.YVR, and West Coast Weddings.
- EcoLuxLifestyle: BeautySeptember 14, 2022EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Teaology: Proving Matcha Is For More Than Lattes!
- EcoLuxLifestyle: BeautySeptember 6, 2022EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Nuez Acres: Creating Clean Skincare with Pecan Oil
- EcoLuxLifestyle: BeautyAugust 24, 2022EcoLux☆Lifestyle: Vacation Suncare: Beautycounter Has You Covered!
- EcoLuxLifestyle: BeautyAugust 17, 2022Wythyn: Plant-based Formulations for Healthy Hair