With chilly weather right around the corner, many of us are worried about the lack of warm items hanging in our closets. Now is the optimal time to add a few layers, sustainable knits, and a beanie (or two) to your collection. These five shops, found along West 4th, can provide you with the clothing, footwear, and accessories you will need to brave the colder fall and winter months.
Best known for its warm and comfortable t-shirts and outerwear, Anián has high-quality garments for all genders. The fabrics used to craft each piece are recycled natural fibre textiles sourced from landfills, reducing fabric waste and changing the fashion industry. Anian is transparent about its manufacturing, providing shoppers with the peace of mind that their new, stylish clothing is not contributing to the planet’s waste problem.
Hill’s Dry Goods
Hill’s Dry Goods has a fascinating history—the store opened its doors in 1914 and was later purchased by the Hill family in 1945. The family is known for their experience in Vancouver retail, and their expertise is reflected in the assortment of items found in their stores. Hill’s Dry Goods carries many famous brands like Ganni and Levi’s, as well as some smaller brands for you to discover and fall in love with.
Judith & Charles
Judith & Charles is named after the couple who started the brand. Each collection is a fusion and contrast of feminine softness and strength that draws inspiration from the structure of classic menswear. Every Judith & Charles piece aims to help folks feel confident, comfortable and empowered. Around 80 percent of the design and manufacturing process occurs in Vancouver, which supports the local economy and sustainability.
The Latest Scoop
The Latest Scoop helps trendy Vancouverites create wardrobes for their on-the-go lifestyles by offering a curated selection of clothing, home décor, accessories, furniture, stationary, and gifts. The store, with five Lower Mainland locations, always has the latest and greatest in home items and fashion. And as a Canadian business themselves, The Latest Scoop carries tons of other Canadian brands in stores and online. Whether you are looking for a cozy sweat suit or a colourful party dress, The Latest Scoop has it all.
Gravity Pope has offered thoughtfully selected collections of fashionable and functional shoes, clothing, and accessories since the 1990s. The independently owned Canadian boutique provides its customers with the best prices on the top footwear brands worldwide. Gravity Pope carries sneakers, sandals, heels, and boots that will add sparkle to any casual or dressy outfit.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. [email protected]
- FoF ☆ Culinary, Wine, Spirits2023.03.23It’s What’s For Brunch: Wildlight Kitchen + Bar in West Point Grey
- ☆ Issue #17 - Jan/Feb 20232023.03.13Luxury Vegan Travel: Ethos Vegan Suites in Santorini
- ☆ Issue #17 - Jan/Feb 20232023.03.12Lady Dior #7: Celebrating Luxury Design Visionaries
- ☆ Issue #17 - Jan/Feb 20232023.03.11Goodwood: Celebrating 20-Years of Rolls-Royce Excellence