While it may have started with a crisp lipstick kiss on the collar, Christopher Bates’ eponymic men’s wear brand has been famous among celebrities, stylists, and consumers since its inception in 2008. As a purveyor of Italian-made footwear, sunglasses, and shirts, Christopher Bates understands bold fashion and artisanal-level craftsmanship.
The luxury brand’s latest collection collaborates with one of the greatest films of all time: The Godfather. The 1972 crime drama changed cinema forever, akin to what Christopher Bates is doing in the fashion industry.
A New Generation of Appreciation
The Godfather was based on Mario Puzo‘s novel of the same name and focused on the powerful Italian-American crime family of Don Vito Corleone (Marlon Brando). When Don’s youngest son, Michael (Al Pacino), reluctantly joins the Mafia, he becomes involved in the inevitable cycle of violence and betrayal.
THE GODFATHER X CHRISTOPHER BATES capsule collection pays tribute to the legendary film while celebrating the brand’s 50th anniversary.
“The Godfather is one of the greatest films of all time and a personal favourite,” reveals creative director Bates. “As a designer, I’ve been particularly inspired by the sartorial splendour exhibited throughout the trilogy. It is a sincere privilege to collaborate with Paramount on this once-in-a-lifetime project.”
The limited-edition line features bomber jackets, sweatshirts, t-shirts, hoodies, and tuxedos inspired by the film’s fashion worn by Don Vito Corleone. Furthering the line’s exclusivity, every product adorns its limited-edition production number on the interior logo label. Paramount Consumer Products officially licenses the capsule collection.
Christopher Bates’ most recent past collaboration is with another beloved Paramount film, TOP GUN. The limited-edition collection features carefully crafted pieces that combine Christopher’s creative eye and the iconic fashion from the 80s action film. When browsing the line, you’ll notice steel blue bomber jackets with TOP GUN logos, volleyball tournament tank tops, sunglasses with stainless steel frames, and more.
If one thing is sure, it is that Christopher Bates is taking film-inspired fashion to a whole new, unparalleled level.
Read the original story in Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine!
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. [email protected]
- FoF ☆ Culinary, Wine, Spirits2023.03.23It’s What’s For Brunch: Wildlight Kitchen + Bar in West Point Grey
- ☆ Issue #17 - Jan/Feb 20232023.03.13Luxury Vegan Travel: Ethos Vegan Suites in Santorini
- ☆ Issue #17 - Jan/Feb 20232023.03.12Lady Dior #7: Celebrating Luxury Design Visionaries
- ☆ Issue #17 - Jan/Feb 20232023.03.11Goodwood: Celebrating 20-Years of Rolls-Royce Excellence