While it may have started with a crisp lipstick kiss on the collar, Christopher Bates’ eponymic men’s wear brand has been famous among celebrities, stylists, and consumers since its inception in 2008. As a purveyor of Italian-made footwear, sunglasses, and shirts, Christopher Bates understands bold fashion and artisanal-level craftsmanship.
The luxury brand’s latest collection collaborates with one of the greatest films of all time: The Godfather. The 1972 crime drama changed cinema forever, akin to what Christopher Bates is doing in the fashion industry.
A New Generation of Appreciation
The Godfather was based on Mario Puzo‘s novel of the same name and focused on the powerful Italian-American crime family of Don Vito Corleone (Marlon Brando). When Don’s youngest son, Michael (Al Pacino), reluctantly joins the Mafia, he becomes involved in the inevitable cycle of violence and betrayal.
THE GODFATHER X CHRISTOPHER BATES capsule collection pays tribute to the legendary film while celebrating the brand’s 50th anniversary.
“The Godfather is one of the greatest films of all time and a personal favourite,” reveals creative director Bates. “As a designer, I’ve been particularly inspired by the sartorial splendour exhibited throughout the trilogy. It is a sincere privilege to collaborate with Paramount on this once-in-a-lifetime project.”
The limited-edition line features bomber jackets, sweatshirts, t-shirts, hoodies, and tuxedos inspired by the film’s fashion worn by Don Vito Corleone. Furthering the line’s exclusivity, every product adorns its limited-edition production number on the interior logo label. Paramount Consumer Products officially licenses the capsule collection.
Christopher Bates’ most recent past collaboration is with another beloved Paramount film, TOP GUN. The limited-edition collection features carefully crafted pieces that combine Christopher’s creative eye and the iconic fashion from the 80s action film. When browsing the line, you’ll notice steel blue bomber jackets with TOP GUN logos, volleyball tournament tank tops, sunglasses with stainless steel frames, and more.
If one thing is sure, it is that Christopher Bates is taking film-inspired fashion to a whole new, unparalleled level.
Read the original story in Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine!
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- FoF ☆ VIP EventsSeptember 19, 2023Bootleggers Cocktails Brings 1st Drone Show to Vancouver [PHOTOS]
- FoF ☆ Charity & PhilanthropySeptember 17, 2023Vancouver Metropolitan Orchestra Celebrates 21st Season
- FoF ☆ PersonalitiesSeptember 4, 2023PORTFOLIO.YVR: Emobily Founder Will Fan Brings Bugatti EVs to the Ecoluxury Market
- FoF ☆ PersonalitiesSeptember 3, 2023PORTFOLIO.YVR: Aylex Thunder Building a Digital Empire One Viral Video at a Time