Nightshade Restaurant is honoured to be the first plant-based restaurant in Vancouver to earn a MICHELIN Bib Gourmand award and be listed in the prestigious Michelin Guide. It is no secret our love of Nightshade and its addition to the city’s elevated vegan dining scene has been touted here many times and in Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine Issue #14!
Gwendal Poullennec, International Director of the MICHELIN Guides had this to say, “Our teams of inspectors genuinely savoured their dining experiences in Vancouver. They were very impressed with the city’s gastronomic dynamism. The selection are all appealing in their own authentic DNA, and very diverse offers.”
Located in Yaletown, Nightshade officially opened its doors in January 2022. In the 10 months since opening, Nightshade has strived to be a showcase for local talent and produce with international inspirations. Spearheading the food program at Nightshade is notable chef Chanthy Yen who brings years of diverse and global experiences.
At Nightshade Restaurant, expect a kaleidoscope of flavours presented in ever-changing, seasonal menus, a highly conceptualized and impressive cocktail program and a sustainable wine list.
Nightshade’s culture is rooted in compassion, creativity, and sustainable food practices. In January 2023, Nightshade will initiate its new Reconstructed Prefix Menu using innovative techniques to manipulate food ‘waste’ and seasonal derivatives into an elevated dining experience at an affordable price.
“In our mission to be a leader in sustainability, Nightshade has removed the use of disposable plastic in our Font of House including take-out materials and has reduced its use of disposable materials in the Kitchen,” shares chef Chanthy Yen. “As we continue to develop our connections with British Columbia’s talented producers, Nightshade will centre the work of its local farmers, bringing in unique, dedicated products for our daily service. We are also excited to announce the start of a new in-house tofu and fermentation program that will allow us to provide innovative, high-quality ingredients to our guests in a carbon-neutral way.”
We are so excited to share this news with the Folio.YVR audience and look forward to creating more memorable experiences as we try the new Reconstructed Prefix Menu and the in-house ingredient creation. Cheers!
Header image has been cropped to feature chef Chanthy Yen in the centre. Full image here.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, PORTFOLIOY.YVR Business & Entrepreneurs Magazine, and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- FoF ☆ Culinary, Wine, SpiritsFebruary 22, 2024Introducing… ‘Vancouver Cocktails’ & Its Award-winning Author Janet Gyenes
- FoF ☆ VIP EventsFebruary 20, 2024Cheers! Salud! Yamas! Vancouver Cocktail Week Returns March 3-10
- FoF ☆ VIP EventsFebruary 20, 2024Inaugural Fête Chinoise Signature Event Illuminated the Shangri-La
- FoF ☆ VIP EventsFebruary 13, 2024Whisky Global 2024 Welcomed Enthusiasts & Experts to the Paradox Hotel