Nightshade Restaurant is honoured to be the first plant-based restaurant in Vancouver to earn a MICHELIN Bib Gourmand award and be listed in the prestigious Michelin Guide. It is no secret our love of Nightshade and its addition to the city’s elevated vegan dining scene has been touted here many times and in Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine Issue #14!
Gwendal Poullennec, International Director of the MICHELIN Guides had this to say, “Our teams of inspectors genuinely savoured their dining experiences in Vancouver. They were very impressed with the city’s gastronomic dynamism. The selection are all appealing in their own authentic DNA, and very diverse offers.”
Located in Yaletown, Nightshade officially opened its doors in January 2022. In the 10 months since opening, Nightshade has strived to be a showcase for local talent and produce with international inspirations. Spearheading the food program at Nightshade is notable chef Chanthy Yen who brings years of diverse and global experiences.
At Nightshade Restaurant, expect a kaleidoscope of flavours presented in ever-changing, seasonal menus, a highly conceptualized and impressive cocktail program and a sustainable wine list.
Nightshade’s culture is rooted in compassion, creativity, and sustainable food practices. In January 2023, Nightshade will initiate its new Reconstructed Prefix Menu using innovative techniques to manipulate food ‘waste’ and seasonal derivatives into an elevated dining experience at an affordable price.
“In our mission to be a leader in sustainability, Nightshade has removed the use of disposable plastic in our Font of House including take-out materials and has reduced its use of disposable materials in the Kitchen,” shares chef Chanthy Yen. “As we continue to develop our connections with British Columbia’s talented producers, Nightshade will centre the work of its local farmers, bringing in unique, dedicated products for our daily service. We are also excited to announce the start of a new in-house tofu and fermentation program that will allow us to provide innovative, high-quality ingredients to our guests in a carbon-neutral way.”
We are so excited to share this news with the Folio.YVR audience and look forward to creating more memorable experiences as we try the new Reconstructed Prefix Menu and the in-house ingredient creation. Cheers!
Header image has been cropped to feature chef Chanthy Yen in the centre. Full image here.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. [email protected]
- FoF ☆ Culinary, Wine, Spirits2023.03.23It’s What’s For Brunch: Wildlight Kitchen + Bar in West Point Grey
- ☆ Issue #17 - Jan/Feb 20232023.03.13Luxury Vegan Travel: Ethos Vegan Suites in Santorini
- ☆ Issue #17 - Jan/Feb 20232023.03.12Lady Dior #7: Celebrating Luxury Design Visionaries
- ☆ Issue #17 - Jan/Feb 20232023.03.11Goodwood: Celebrating 20-Years of Rolls-Royce Excellence