Cheers to the fall season! As nature readies for a long sleep, our beautiful west coast city is waking up and embracing the opportunity that comes of person-to-person connecting.
In the past month, we visited and experienced many events and exhibitions showcasing award-winning designers, culinary adventurers, travel innovators, and international luxury fashion purveyors.
In the art world, fine artist Ann Goldberg is preparing her annual exhibition at the Pendulum Gallery(HSBC Downtown), which will run from November 28, 2022, to January 12, 2023. I am excited to share six pieces from the ‘Perennial Canadians’ in Issue #15 Fall/Winter of FolioYVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine.
Following up on a trip to the Vegan Women Summit this past April, I re-connected with its’ founder Jennifer Stojkovic. Our feature Personality is a Canadian-born former Silicon Valley executive. Jennifer is a determined changemaker, author (The Future of Food is Female), entrepreneur, and vegan activist, pushing the boundaries of what should be on our plates in a world quickly being devastated by climate change.
From the culinary world, I share a visit to the newly relaunched Mott 32 in the Paradox Hotel. With its first plant-based menu launch, Executive Chef Lee Man Sing has designed a stunning array of delicious dishes that will stun even the most experienced palate.
Explore the newly expanded Gucci boutique in the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver in Fashion. With its emphasis on ‘slow fashion’ and hand-crafted accessories, Gucci continues to appeal to a youth market keen on embracing retro styling without the fast fashion waste.
Westbanks’ Ian Gillespie shares his experience conceiving and creating the only vintage haute couture collection in the city with his daughter that features stunning pieces by Lanvin, Chanel, Dior, YSL, McQueen, and more. Canadian rock star and vegan icon Bryan Adams is collaborating with Toronto-based outerwear company WUXLY for THE BAD COLLECTION Limited Edition, and men’s wear designer Christopher Bates continues his movie collaborations with the launch of The Godfather Collection.
For those seeking a weekend getaway, Oak Bay Beach Resort is close, convenient, and consistently rated as one of the best places to lay your head down in Canada and the world. For those seeking to run away, the luxury yacht experience is available on the Scenic Eclipse, which recently docked in Vancouver to board passengers for its 100% sold-out voyage. Complete with two helicopters and a submarine; this impeccably maintained craft was worth the early morning viewing!
With the clink of Champagne flutes, VIP guests welcomed CEO Niccolò Ricci to Manuel Bernaschek’s Stefano Ricci boutique on West Georgia. The annual Master Tailor event is always well attended and entertaining, with the cool jazz sounds of the Max Zipursky Trio, piano interludes by accomplished pianists, and exquisite catering.
Please enjoy this folio of our city’s finest offerings, and I look forward to continuing to share what makes our city more than just a ‘playground for the rich and famous.’ It is a home to those who reside here, those who visit, and those who hold it dear in their hearts while they are away.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. [email protected]
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.23Birks x Greta Constantine: A Most Canadian Collaboration
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.23Birks High Jewellery: Unparalleled Artistry
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.22Habitat by Aeon: Shama Gupta’s Global Vision Realized
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.19Roden Gray: Opens in CF Richmond Centre & Adds Gufram