Birks, Canada’s premier wedding and fine jewellery brand, has partnered with Canadian Design House Greta Constantine to create a one-of-a-kind collection of four wedding looks inspired by Birks engagement rings.
“Partnering with Birks was a fantastic experience,” says Kirk Pickersgill, Co-Founder and designer of Greta Constantine. “Our one-of-a-kind bridal looks riffed on modern and classic elements while retaining the inherent elegance that defines both of our brands.”
“Birks and Greta Constantine share the same commitment to craftsmanship and design,” says Katie Reusch, Birks-Marketing Director. “As a Canadian brand, we wanted to collaborate with a Canadian designer and Greta Constantine was the perfect fit.”
The Birks Dare to Dream look was inspired by the tri-gold Birks Dare to Dream Engagement Ring. This unique design features rose, yellow, and white gold and pavé diamond rings with a solitaire diamond. The Birks Dare to Dream gown by Greta Constantine celebrates bold individuality, with a detachable ruffle-trim overskirt that can be removed to reveal a jumpsuit underneath.
The signature mesh motif of the ring, which is inspired by the ceiling design in the first Birks store, is incorporated into the overskirt with visible mesh detailing.
The Birks Blue dress, with a strapless neckline and an asymmetrical dropped waist, takes inspiration from the Birks Blue Diamond Engagement Ring. Like this engagement ring, which incorporates a surprise element – a sapphire gemstone nestled in the setting – Greta Constantine plays upon this mesmerizing detail with blue trim woven into the tiers of the dress. The colour blue plays an important part in the brands heritage, as the colour of their highly recognizable box and the iconic blue doors at their flagship store in Montreal.
Established in 1879, Birks takes inspiration from the late 19th century for the design of the Birks 1879 engagement ring. Structural design elements are seen in the rings unique setting and details that take inspiration from the past and present.
This Greta Constantine 1879 gown captures this same sentiment with its modern silhouette and classic gathered sleeves and train, highlighting the architectural elements of the era.
The Birks North Star dress is an homage to the brightest star in the night sky. The modern mini with bow detailing and diagonal ruffles by Greta Constantine echoes the adventurous spirit of a shooting star captured in the signature five-prong setting of the Birks North Star engagement ring. “Birks and Greta Constantine share the same commitment to craftsmanship and design,” says Katie Reusch, Birks-Marketing Director. “As a Canadian brand, we wanted to collaborate with a Canadian designer and Greta Constantine was the perfect fit. It was such a pleasure to partner with the Greta Constantine team on this campaign and see our engagement ring collections come to life.” Greta Constantine is an accessible luxury line of ready-to-wear womenswear based in Canada.
Founded in 2006 by designers Kirk Pickersgill and Stephen Wong, the label is derived from the combination of the name of the latter’s mother, Greta, with that of the former’s grandfather, Constantine. The collection is available in over 45-doors worldwide, spanning 15 countries, including Al-Othman, the Etoile Group, Holt Renfrew, and Selfridges, as well as both Moda Operandi and Farfetch online. The pair works together in their Toronto-area studio – conceptualizing, exploring, and challenging today’s fashions for the women of tomorrow.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, PORTFOLIOY.YVR Business & Entrepreneurs Magazine, and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024This Top-Ranking Team is Passionate About Real Estate & Community
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024Showcase Pianos Presents: Miist the Singer
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024Paolo Fazioli: A Legacy of Sound & World’s Best Pianos
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024The Mercedes-Maybach EQS 680 SUV Elevates City Driving