International fashion star Jay Manuel presented 12 top Canadian designers and their Vision of a Future Without Cancer to kick-off Breast Cancer Awareness Month as part of the 19th Annual Cashmere Collection. With a theme – Celestial Awakening: A Celebration of Strength, Hope, and Compassion – at The Symes in Toronto.
Twelve brilliantly talented designers from across Canada created their unique and breathtaking visions of a future without Breast Cancer at a one-of-a-kind show of original couture — all entirely crafted in sheets of soft and luxurious Cashmere UltraLuxe Bathroom Tissue.
More than 240 top Canadian designers have taken part in the Cashmere Collection, now celebrating its 19th year. Produced by Kruger Products, it serves as the annual kick-off to October Breast Cancer Month.
“Canada has an amazing wealth of fashion talent, and seeing these creative visionaries bring their show-stopping designs to life as a collection on the runway is truly an epic spectacle,” says a proud Jay Manuel, who is curating the collection for the first time.
“Our 2022 theme, Celestial Awakening, is a Celebration of Strength, Hope, and Compassion and asked our designers to look to the heavens for inspiration. I am totally blown away by the creativity, skill, and craftsmanship that went into each and every design,” he says.
Founded in 2004, the international award-winning Cashmere Collection is an ardent supporter of Canada’s fashion design community and the Breast Cancer cause. Many of the greatest names in Canadian fashion have contributed to the collection, including Vancouver’s Jason Matlo, Grandi, Carly Wong, Alex Yu, and the much beloved Greta Constantine.
Internationally recognized fashion photographer Justin Wu captured the collection. Justin is an award-winning Toronto-based photographer and director and is best known for shooting world-renowned fashion and beauty campaigns; and has worked with Vogue, ELLE, and GQ.
Long-time collection partners MAC Cosmetics and FLOW Haircare created ethereal, on-theme looks for editorial photography and runway. Elegant accessories were by SALT Fine Jewelry, and L’intervalle provided exquisite footwear.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. [email protected]
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.23Birks x Greta Constantine: A Most Canadian Collaboration
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.23Birks High Jewellery: Unparalleled Artistry
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.22Habitat by Aeon: Shama Gupta’s Global Vision Realized
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.19Roden Gray: Opens in CF Richmond Centre & Adds Gufram