International fashion star Jay Manuel presented 12 top Canadian designers and their Vision of a Future Without Cancer to kick-off Breast Cancer Awareness Month as part of the 19th Annual Cashmere Collection. With a theme – Celestial Awakening: A Celebration of Strength, Hope, and Compassion – at The Symes in Toronto.
Twelve brilliantly talented designers from across Canada created their unique and breathtaking visions of a future without Breast Cancer at a one-of-a-kind show of original couture — all entirely crafted in sheets of soft and luxurious Cashmere UltraLuxe Bathroom Tissue.
More than 240 top Canadian designers have taken part in the Cashmere Collection, now celebrating its 19th year. Produced by Kruger Products, it serves as the annual kick-off to October Breast Cancer Month.
“Canada has an amazing wealth of fashion talent, and seeing these creative visionaries bring their show-stopping designs to life as a collection on the runway is truly an epic spectacle,” says a proud Jay Manuel, who is curating the collection for the first time.
“Our 2022 theme, Celestial Awakening, is a Celebration of Strength, Hope, and Compassion and asked our designers to look to the heavens for inspiration. I am totally blown away by the creativity, skill, and craftsmanship that went into each and every design,” he says.
Founded in 2004, the international award-winning Cashmere Collection is an ardent supporter of Canada’s fashion design community and the Breast Cancer cause. Many of the greatest names in Canadian fashion have contributed to the collection, including Vancouver’s Jason Matlo, Grandi, Carly Wong, Alex Yu, and the much beloved Greta Constantine.
Internationally recognized fashion photographer Justin Wu captured the collection. Justin is an award-winning Toronto-based photographer and director and is best known for shooting world-renowned fashion and beauty campaigns; and has worked with Vogue, ELLE, and GQ.
Long-time collection partners MAC Cosmetics and FLOW Haircare created ethereal, on-theme looks for editorial photography and runway. Elegant accessories were by SALT Fine Jewelry, and L’intervalle provided exquisite footwear.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, PORTFOLIOY.YVR Business & Entrepreneurs Magazine, and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024This Top-Ranking Team is Passionate About Real Estate & Community
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024Showcase Pianos Presents: Miist the Singer
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024Paolo Fazioli: A Legacy of Sound & World’s Best Pianos
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024The Mercedes-Maybach EQS 680 SUV Elevates City Driving