Introducing Rampur Indian Single Malt Whisky. Radico Khaitan, parent company of Rampur Distillery, produces a non-chill filtered single malt, distilled and matured in the foothills of the majestic Himalayas. The climate of the mountain range provides polar opposite climate conditions throughout the year, and combined with the flavour of the famous Indian Summer, creates added dimension and depth to their range of whiskies.
As Indian whisky matures significantly more quickly than other whiskies (such as Scotch and Irish), Rampur benefits from a smooth, mellow taste with a long-lasting finish.
Rampur whiskies are distilled in traditional copper pot stills in the oldest distillery in India, dating from 1943 with 75 years of distillation expertise.
“Our aim is to create a valuable customer experience consistent with the company’s brand assurance. We are adding a new step to this wonderful journey with the jewels of Rampur Indian Single Malt. Let these gifts of the Royal Heritage give you a 15 Gun Salute!” shares Dr. Lalit Khaitan, Rampur Master Maker.
A 15 Gun Salute princely state of British India – Rampur is known for its rich heritage and royal traditions. Rampur is one of the homes of Urdu poetry and Hindustani music and is also the home to a very distinct style of architecture, cuisines and knife making.
Rampur Asava Single Malt Whisky
Matured in American Bourbon barrels and meticulously perfected in Indian Cabernet Sauvignon casks for the first time in history, resulting in a unique expression with an impeccable balance. A royal marriage like none other, Rampur Distillery has taken the Indus route and perfected this golden nectar in Indian red wine casks.
Nose: Typical tropical fruity note of Rampur with added notes of apricot, blackberry and plum, followed by a faint hint of tobacco and spices.
Palate: Velvety, manuka honey sweetness highlighted by spicy oak, and vanilla and balanced with dryness from Indian red wine.
Finish: The Indian trail lingers with a medium finish.
Rampur Double Cask Single Malt Whisky
The newest jewel in the collection is the Rampur Double Cask Indian Single Malt Whisky Non-Chill Filtered. This beautiful expression is crafted by maturation in handpicked American Bourbon barrels and European Oak sherry casks. Delicate balsamic vanilla notes from the American white oak compliment the full-bodied aroma; rich caramel, dried dark fruits and spicy tonality from European oak add to the depth.
Rampur Double Cask scored 93 points in the World Whisky Survey by Whisky Advocate Magazine 2019 and 92 points in Ultimate Spirits Challenge 2020, winning the Gold Medal in Fifty Best World Whisky 2020, and is available in Canada and 19 other countries.
Nose: Full-bodied aroma of tropical fruits, smooth malty tones, and oaky notes from double oak-wood barrels create an aurora of flavours.
Palate: Lustful elegance of sweet fruits; riding on rich sherry for a blissful nirvana.
Finish: Tantalizingly long, lingering and generous.
Radico Khaitan spirits are available across Canada at various locations. Check with your local purveyor and request!
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, PORTFOLIOY.YVR Business & Entrepreneurs Magazine, and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024This Top-Ranking Team is Passionate About Real Estate & Community
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024Showcase Pianos Presents: Miist the Singer
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024Paolo Fazioli: A Legacy of Sound & World’s Best Pianos
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024The Mercedes-Maybach EQS 680 SUV Elevates City Driving