‘The Art of Raw Desserts’ is the latest culinary adventure for BC-based raw food guru Crystal Bonnet.
Every dish was created and beautifully photographed by Bonnet, and will have you dreaming of sweet delights with the flip of every gorgeous page.
With a plant-forward ingredient list and a vegan sweet tooth in mind, this stellar book will appeal to the baker who wants their cake and eat it too, but with a healthy slant.
Next Level Deliciousness
“This cookbook was one of the most challenging things I have ever done, but I learned so much throughout the entire process. It made me a better recipe developer, recipe writer, and food photographer and gave me more confidence in the kitchen. It also made me a better raw dessert chef because of the number of recipes I had to create; it required a ton of experimenting.
I wanted to create recipes that were unique with a variety of skill levels to accommodate everyone. With this cookbook, I hope others will make these desserts and share them with their non-vegan family and friends. Raw desserts are an excellent way to show others how amazing vegan food is.”
Followers of the raw diet will never miss out on their favourite sweets again with this incredible collection of decadent dessert recipes, which adhere to raw and vegan restrictions. “When people say they feel daunted by ‘raw desserts,’ I share with them that I once felt the same, but through practice and learning, that feeling goes away just like with anything new.”
As a graduate of the plant-based and raw food nutrition programs at Matthew Kenney Culinary Academy and the Pure Joy Academy, Crystal has worked hard to learn the importance of the culinary aspect and nutritional elements of living foods.
The Kindness of Plant-based
Her work within the plant-based culinary industry not only includes the development of ‘The Art of Raw Desserts’ cookbook but unique plant-based menus for new restaurants, multiple online courses for international students of raw cuisine, and travelling to design and cater numerous health retreats in Canada and Europe.
“I had been approached by publishers before and always declined for different reasons, but this publisher was different. After my first call with them, I started considering it; I enjoyed their energy and willingness to be flexible with my solopreneur schedule. I said yes; it was very scary because writing a cookbook is not easy, and I had a paralyzing fear that no one would like it. I know I’m not alone in feeling this way,” she confessed with a smile.
Her passion for raw will continue with the conceptualization and development of new recipes that include unique sweet and savoury dishes that capture all the mouth-watering flavours of their counterparts without any processed sugar, added gluten or harmful dairy and animal products.
“To perfect a new recipe, I find myself creating it repeatedly and sometimes perfecting them throughout the years as I learn and grow. This is because recipes are like a painting; there is always a little tweak that can be done to evolve them.
When I think of the next phase for Crystal Dawn Culinary, I foresee in-person events and potential collaborations with people like Chef Agathe and other amazing raw vegan chefs.”
To order your copy, visit the Crystal Dawn Culinary website today!
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- FoF ☆ Travel & AdventureNovember 26, 2023Are You Ready to ‘Stay in Style’ with Fairmont Pacific Rim x Dior?
- FoF ☆ Charity & PhilanthropyNovember 23, 2023Young Elite Vancouver 7th Annual Gala Celebration [PHOTOS]
- FoF ☆ Health & WellnessNovember 15, 2023Fairmont Pacific Rim Launches ‘The Nordic Spa’ Wellness Retreat with Thermal Spa
- FoF ☆ Culinary, Wine, SpiritsNovember 15, 2023Taiwanese Artist Wu Ching Ru’s ‘Pro Terra et Natura’ at Phantom Creek Estates