Alcohol without the alcohol? Also called zero-proof, mocktail, or virgin. Some may ask – what is the point? We hear you, but, however, the answer may be a lot simpler than you would think. Unsurprisingly, consuming alcohol regularly is not necessarily great for your body. Sure, it is comforting to pour yourself a cocktail after a long day at work, but often that cocktail can lead to feeling sluggish the next day and dehydrated. Or maybe with age, your body does not process alcohol as it used to, or you are choosing to be nicer to yourself, but you still enjoy the taste of your favourite spirit. Enter zero-proof beverages!
Ready for a Zero-Proof Patio?
Over the past month, we have taste tested the many options for canned alcohol-free versions of classic cocktails available at our local grocers – like Choices Markets and Whole Foods, specialty shops like The Drive Canteen, and at the BC Liquor Stores. Here are the four that made it to the patio for a refreshing afternoon!
Edna’s cocktails are a line of non-alcoholic, sparkling cocktails delivering a superior taste, balance and flavour with an old-fashioned charm. Each recipe is small-batch crafted with all-natural juices, shrubs, extracts and oils. Each delicious beverage is free from artificial flavours, additives, and preservatives. Crisp, delicious, and so true to the originals! Flavours include Mule, Collins, Paloma, and Mojito.
OPUS is high quality, hand-crafted and taste-tested by some of the industry’s greats. Made with all-natural, local, and sustainably sourced ingredients. Gluten-free, with zero calories, no sugar, and to kick it up a notch – a tree is planted for every box sold! Flavours include Peach Bellini, Gin and Tonic, and Aperitivo Spritz.
Clever Premium Mocktails
Clever Premium Mocktails are Montreal-based and small-batch distilled, refined, refreshing, and without compromising in taste. Botanicals are the herbs, spices, fruits, and fruit peels, that give their mocktails and non-alcoholic gin unique flavours. The Mojito is possibly better than the original! Flavours include Mojito, Pink Gin & Tonic, Gin & Tonic, Moscow Mule, Sangria, and bottles of Gin.
Two Bears not only brews up next-level canned coffee but has brought to market this Espresso Martini Cocktail Mixer, which is quite glorious on its own. This nitro-infused beverage is best served over ice with frothed cold oat milk foam, and enjoy! Only 40 calories and ethically-sourced Arabica beans. No artificial flavours!
This patio season, do not let alcohol drag you down! Enjoy the ritual, the satisfaction, and the camaraderie of sharing a cocktail without the headache!
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- FoF ☆ Design & DecorNovember 29, 2023Fairmont Pacific Rim Launches Wedding & Gala Design Studio
- FoF ☆ Travel & AdventureNovember 26, 2023Are You Ready to ‘Stay in Style’ with Fairmont Pacific Rim x Dior?
- FoF ☆ Charity & PhilanthropyNovember 23, 2023Young Elite Vancouver 7th Annual Gala Celebration [PHOTOS]
- FoF ☆ Health & WellnessNovember 15, 2023Fairmont Pacific Rim Launches ‘The Nordic Spa’ Wellness Retreat with Thermal Spa