The elegant, upscale addition to Vancouver’s world-renowned culinary scene made its debut when DAHLIA Restaurant and Cocktail Bar officially opened its doors. On the main floor of the AZUR Legacy Collection Hotel located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, VIP guests were invited to sample the menu and enjoy signature hand-crafted cocktails.
DAHLIA offers locals and visitors alike a refined and elegant escape and a captivating contrast from the hustle and bustle of the city thanks to its rich, relaxing and intimate ambiance, floor-to-ceiling windows and menu that marries international flavours and style with sustainably sourced local ingredients.
DAHLIA’s dishes are heavily inspired by the fare of the French Riviera and Italian coastline yet remain true to Canada’s terroir, showcasing ingredients from local farms and fields from all points across the country.
“We are proud to celebrate the flavours and style of the French Riviera and Italian coastline and showcase sustainably sourced ingredients from the bountiful farms, fields and oceans of BC and beyond,” says Executive Chef Shyam Longani. “At DAHLIA, we believe in the joy of sharing delightful dishes with loved ones and fostering lasting memories.”
The Dahlia kitchen is by Chef Daniel Kenney, who steps onto the line after working in renowned hotels and will execute and bring to life Longani’s brilliantly crafted culinary vision for the restaurant through his expertise in cooking.
Behind the bar, DAHLIA’s cocktail list writes a new chapter in the city’s storied bar scene. It will feature a thoughtfully curated menu of signature libations in three themed categories, each offering a unique adventure to lift the spirits.
The ‘Années Folies’ section conjures up the artistic, vibrant ambiance of 1920s Paris with takes on Martinis like the floral, tropical ‘Deceptive Love’ (tequila, sotol, demerara gum, banana-infused vermouth) and savoury, peppery ‘Illusion’ (vodka, dill-infused mezcal, lemon, sugar, black pepper, cherry tomatoes, balsamic).
The effervescent energy of 1960s gets its due in a ‘Swinging Sixties’ collection of Sours and Old Fashioneds with entries like the fresh and fruity ‘Cool Cat’ (strawberry-infused gin, basil-infused vermouth, balsamic, sugar) and nutty, smoky ‘Life’s a Gas’ (graham cracker-infused bourbon, chocolate bitters, creme de cacao, cherry wood chips).
Finally, the ‘Dahlia Flowers’ section showcases Sparkling-based and Negroni-inspired cocktails in all their herbaceous and citrusy glory, such as bitter, earthy ‘Patchouli’ (mezcal, Campari, sweet vermouth, silver needle tea) and sweet, refreshing ‘Peonia’ (Italicus, Campari, blood orange juice).
“We’re thrilled to offer our guests an unparalleled experience through these meticulously crafted cocktails that each tell their own unique story,” says Dahlia Bar Manager Serhii Kulikov.
Beyond its catalogue of craft cocktails, Dahlia also features an artisan selection of vermouths to enjoy while indulging in the timeless Italian tradition of ‘aperitivo hour’ prior to dinner as well as a wide array of Champagnes available by the glass and bottle and a cellar of Old-World wines with a particular focus on the French and Italian regions.
Dahlia’s menu comes about as the result of a collaboration between Longani and Azur Legacy Collection Hotel Director of Operations Sofia Sayani, who drew on years of experience travelling the world and a focus on European charm, elegance and simplicity as her inspiration when designing both the restaurant and its menu.
“We drew our inspiration from the service, cuisine and style of the French and Italian Riviera to create refined and classic dishes that will satisfy both the eye and palate of our guests,” says Sayani. “We infused the hotel with a sense of worldly sophistication and a deep appreciation for diverse experiences, and my spirit of wanderlust was a driving force in creating an enchanting haven that transcends the ordinary and celebrates the beauty of the extraordinary. I’m excited to see our guests delve into the opulent yet simplified atmosphere and absorb the layers of meaning, experience and hospitality that we wove throughout the property.”
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- FoF ☆ Culinary, Wine, SpiritsDecember 5, 2023The Courtney Room x Tattooist Cate Webb’s Winter Cocktail Menu
- FoF ☆ Design & DecorNovember 29, 2023Fairmont Pacific Rim Launches Wedding & Gala Design Studio
- FoF ☆ Travel & AdventureNovember 26, 2023Are You Ready to ‘Stay in Style’ with Fairmont Pacific Rim x Dior?
- FoF ☆ Charity & PhilanthropyNovember 23, 2023Young Elite Vancouver 7th Annual Gala Celebration [PHOTOS]