With its wooden floors, rough-hewn ceiling beams, and captivating artwork, Be Love restaurant is an oasis for those seeking a dining experience away from the pubs and lounges of downtown Victoria.
Located in the on-trend Harris Green neighbourhood and founded by siblings Heather and Joe Cunliffe, Be Love is a plant-based paradise. Together, the sister-brother duo share with the community a culinary voice that reflects their passion for health, clarity of mind, and lightness of spirit.
Using at least 95 percent organic plant-based ingredients that are mindfully sourced according to local and seasonal availability and made from scratch, as ordered. Everything created wheat, gluten, dairy, and processed sugar-free.
With a menu that changes with the seasons to optimize the use of the finest produce from the local wilds and the local farms, as well as to best support their vitality throughout the year.
Heather and Joe strive to run every part of their business in a way that supports the health and sustainability of the Island community and, by extension, the planet.
We enjoyed a relaxing evening in the chic but casual establishment. An intimate table for two under incredibly high ceilings. The experience was one of closeness and familiarity, the meal rich in flavour, and composition. Conversation between tables was frequent and the servers were attentive and gracious.
Enjoyed were a Mezze Starter of za’atar spiced flatbread, marinated olives, crisp seasonal vegetables, harissa hummus, cashew cream cheese, and poblano ranch; a Morrocan squash soup, roasted potatoes and ketchup, and a roasted beet salad.
It was a wonderful journey into plant-based dining due to the dedication of a team that wants nothing more than to nourish all welcomed in.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, PORTFOLIOY.YVR Business & Entrepreneurs Magazine, and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024This Top-Ranking Team is Passionate About Real Estate & Community
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024Showcase Pianos Presents: Miist the Singer
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024Paolo Fazioli: A Legacy of Sound & World’s Best Pianos
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024The Mercedes-Maybach EQS 680 SUV Elevates City Driving