For those who ask why we use .YVR as part of our magazine name—it is because of our commitment to Vancouver and the West Coast community. Most of us have chosen Vancouver as the city we want to live and grow in. We came from all over Canada and around the world to be here.
Folio.YVR is the city’s luxury lifestyle voice and is the only BC-based magazine that allots at least 80% of its content to those who make this city incredible. What other luxury magazine in Vancouver can make the same claim?
With 21 issues published, Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine is a powerful marketing vehicle for the city. We share relatable stories of recognizable Personalities and Businesses making positive changes in our world. Culinary is devoted to the finest restaurants, Vehicles and Real Estate take us through tony neighbourhoods to showcase stunning properties in style, and Fashion & Accessories share the newest collections of designers and luxury labels we all love to acquire.
Getaways focus on locations easily accessible for a day or two; VIP Events celebrate those who bring an evening of glamour with a focus on Philanthropy, and together, all these categories create a magazine that everyone in our community can relate to and be proud to say – “I chose Vancouver. It is my home.”
In this issue, we are excited to share the stories of two photographers. Vancouver’s Ema Peter and Benjamin Rosemberg who recently arrived from Paris to live with his young family.
Manuel Bernaschek of Showcase Pianos continues to champion Vancouver with invitations to world-renowned pianists to visit and perform in person. This issue celebrates Rachel Naomi Kudo at ‘Alberni’ on the Kengo Kuma Fazioli.
As we near the holidays, so many shiny opportunities caught our eye, including Birk’s Zodiac Collection, the Mini DolceVita by Longines, the launch of the Omega Seamaster with the National Ballet of Canada’s Siphe November, and the doors of the new Van Cleef & Arpels opening in Toronto.
Join us as we explore the SPHERE in Las Vegas, the soon-to-launch Beijing Mansion exclusive members club, and take a dizzying ride-along in Lamborghini‘s newest model—the Revuelto hyper-performance electrified car.
Getaway to Vancouver Island and spend a couple of nights at the serene hideaway that is the Magnolia Hotels & Spa and imbibe at The Courtney Room; get pampered at the Spa Magnolia, and then venture out into downtown Victoria to enjoy a meal at Be Love, where the dishes are abundant and the mocktails creative.
Dream about the one-of-kind art pieces in the newest Louis Vuitton Artycapucines collection and revel in the glorious artworks of Angeles Agrela and her recent exhibition at CICA Vancouver.
Please enjoy and share this double issue with your friends, family, and associates. Being a luxury ‘flippable’ digital publication, we are not restricted by the limitations of print and can honestly add the ‘eco-friendly’ badge to our work.
In between issues, keep up with what is happening in Vancouver by bookmarking folioyvr.com and following us on Instagram at @folio.yvr. Have a wonderful holiday season!
All my best,
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, PORTFOLIOY.YVR Business & Entrepreneurs Magazine, and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- FoF ☆ Culinary, Wine, SpiritsFebruary 22, 2024Introducing… ‘Vancouver Cocktails’ & Its Award-winning Author Janet Gyenes
- FoF ☆ VIP EventsFebruary 20, 2024Cheers! Salud! Yamas! Vancouver Cocktail Week Returns March 3-10
- FoF ☆ VIP EventsFebruary 20, 2024Inaugural Fête Chinoise Signature Event Illuminated the Shangri-La
- FoF ☆ VIP EventsFebruary 13, 2024Whisky Global 2024 Welcomed Enthusiasts & Experts to the Paradox Hotel