French luxury jewellery company Van Cleef & Arpels has launched its newest boutique in Canada on Bloor Street in Toronto. The boutique showcases iconic and new creations, including ones from the timeless Snowflake collection, alongside recent Perlée and Alhambra pieces.
Unique to this new address is an Art Deco-inspired façade. Initially designed in 1935 for Van Cleef & Arpels, the geometric and pyramidal pattern is inspired by Egyptian history and reminiscent of claire voie in gold, onyx and dove grey tones. The façade spans the height of the boutique.
“Van Cleef & Arpels is pleased to expand its presence in Canada by joining the Yorkdale community,” said Alain Bernard, President and CEO of Van Cleef & Arpels, Americas. “We have been present on Bloor Street for years with our partner Birks, and Toronto has proven to be an important market with clients of discerning taste and distinctive style.”
PARISIAN INSPIRED INTERIOR
The inside decor features two hand-crafted glass chandeliers custom-made in France, as well as intricately decorated panelled walls. The charming events room consists of custom fabric walls depicting a floral motif, and an elegant oval-shaped Veronese-style chandelier is encased by a gold leaf ceiling in the center of the space. Each of the rooms offers an exceptional atmosphere and experience.
The store’s exterior features Van Cleef & Arpels’ newest concept designed using painted glass, an array of gold tones and dark wood. Meanwhile, the store’s interior includes custom gold leaf hand-painted wall coverings, sheer and velvet draperies and vitrines combining black lacquered wood, polished stainless metal and glass. The boutique includes a private viewing room located at the back where clients can view the Maison’s creations in private.
A LEGACY OF TIMELESSNESS
The Maison was founded in Paris’ Place Vendôme in 1906 and since then, Van Cleef & Arpels has created timeless, feminine pieces that enhance the natural beauty of stones and the brilliance of metals. For over 100 years, Van Cleef & Arpels’ passion has enlivened its High Jewelry creations.
The Maison shares its unique vision of the craft, marked by enchanting sources of inspiration and virtuoso know-how. Each meticulously selected stone is chosen for its exceptional quality and the emotion it carries.
Van Cleef & Arpels currently operates over 100 boutiques globally, including over a dozen locations in the US.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, PORTFOLIOY.YVR Business & Entrepreneurs Magazine, and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024This Top-Ranking Team is Passionate About Real Estate & Community
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024Showcase Pianos Presents: Miist the Singer
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024Paolo Fazioli: A Legacy of Sound & World’s Best Pianos
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024The Mercedes-Maybach EQS 680 SUV Elevates City Driving