When guests arrive at The Spa Magnolia, owner Paula Veenema ensures their experience is something they will remember.
“Having a team of incredibly talented therapists is by far my biggest asset. A beautifully appointed facility and amazing professional products only serve as additional benefits when the people who navigate the experience in the treatment room love what they do; it’s something that can be felt. The positive energy you feel when you walk into the spa, the luxurious robe, warmed and extremely comfortable tables, and really genuine care all add up to the magic of The Spa Magnolia.”
At The Spa Magnolia, product standards are incredibly stringent. Paula has set expectations high and demands that all lines are aligned with the brand’s philosophy of healthy being. All offered products are manufactured by partners that have clients’ health, beauty, and safety at the forefront, including endota, Comfort Zone, and Jane Iredale. Each of these three internationally known and respected brands share commonalities, such as not being tested on animals, holding certifications and clinical trials, being transparent in manufacturing practices, and are recommended by dermatologists and skin care professionals around the world. “What goes on your body goes inside your body; the Spa Magnolia merges luxury with organic health and beauty treatments with the best nature has to offer, backed by scientific research.”
RESPECTING THE EARTH
The Spa Magnolia is one of the very few spas that utilize the services of Green Circle. This organization was primarily developed for salons to recycle colour, foils, and hair, resulting in 95% waste diversion between the salons in-house recycling programs together with the services of Green Circle. This allows one-time-use implements to be collected and used in a waste-to-energy process to create clean, renewable energy, with the leftover ash used as filler in asphalt projects.
A TIMELESS PARTNERSHIP
Paula’s partnership with the award-winning Magnolia Hotel & Spa has ensured that visiting guests from around the world have the convenience and luxury of a world-class spa within metres of check-in. “After 20 years in this location, I am just as passionate as I was initially! My aim was always to embrace what an honour it is to provide experiences that can be genuinely life-changing to our guests with gratitude,” shares Paula.
CLIENTS AT THE FOREFRONT
“In a world that continues to impose stress in various ways to our daily lives, the need for human touch and connection is greater than ever. Touch deprivation is directly correlated to negative physical and mental health outcomes, and the pandemic demonstrated increased feelings of loneliness and isolation.
“Coming to the spa is about trust and allowing yourself to shift into a better mindset of caring for yourself. At the end of the day, it feels pretty great to be able to witness the change in a guest from when they check in to their demeanour and smile when they leave.”
COMMITMENT TO COMMUNITY
Paula’s commitment to community is strong and The Spa Magnolia has developed strong relationships with WeBC – Women’s Entreprise Centre. This organization provides financial support, funding options, skills development, advisory options, and business mentors to guide women entrepreneurs through their journey to success.
When The Spa Magnolia moved from its facility on the second floor inside the hotel to the heritage building next door, lending options to finance the project were slim to none, as the economy was experiencing the crash of 2009. Women’s Enterprise supported Paula through its funding program, which in turn prompted other financial institutions to assist.
Other community commitments include providing worn spa robes, linens, and towels to the Sandy Merriman House (Cool Aid Society Victoria) and BC SPCA Victoria and gift certificate purchases and meal donations for Our Place Society homeless shelter.
THE EVOLUTION OF SKIN
“Moving into the new year, guests to The Spa Magnolia can expect our continuing commitment to personalized engagement with our guests. We love knowing skin and providing facial treatments that are designed to deliver an experience tailored to your needs,” shares Paula. “We pride ourselves on understanding the effectiveness of newer-generation product ingredients and how individual needs change as we age, develop sensitivities, shift hormonally, and manage stress.”
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, PORTFOLIOY.YVR Business & Entrepreneurs Magazine, and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024This Top-Ranking Team is Passionate About Real Estate & Community
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024Showcase Pianos Presents: Miist the Singer
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024Paolo Fazioli: A Legacy of Sound & World’s Best Pianos
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024The Mercedes-Maybach EQS 680 SUV Elevates City Driving