To world travellers and ice cave thrill seekers, the mere mention of Kamchatka, Skaftafell, Dobšinská, and Mýrdalsjökull elicits gasps and instant recognition that you are, at heart, a true connoisseur of adventure travel.
For those mesmerized by west coast nature and relish every opportunity to source (and be the first to enjoy) an unspoiled local wonder, grab a tote and pack lightly, for you are not going far!
If you can free up six hours of your schedule and pack light – regular ski wear, a bathing suit, a camera and tripod, sun protection, and a hat – be prepared to experience breathtaking enchantment only 90 minutes away from Vancouver under the direction of the staff of Head-Line Mountain Holidays.
Guests enjoying the Heli Cave & Hot Springs adventure depart Whistler by helicopter in groups of 1 to 4 persons, and fly over Canada’s ice fields to explore a labyrinth of ice caves on the largest, southernmost temperate latitude ice cap in the world.
Experience a World of Ethereal Ice Caves
Once inside, these natural ice sculptures, ice flows, and gentle slides will transport guests from one intense grand hall to the next. There are roughly 320-square-metres that make up the ice cap in which the ice caves exist. Head-Line’s President and CEO Doug Washer, and his team of guides and glaciologists constantly monitor the ice.
“We frequent these ice caves year round, both with guests, students and by ourselves to access and records changes to the ice fields and the ice cap itself. This provides us with the insights we need to define our access points and areas of greatest interest for our guests.”
What makes the densely packed underground glacial ice formations stun with vibrant intense shades of blue? The lack of air bubbles. Walking into and standing in the ice caves is said to be akin to experiencing the aurora borealis dancing in the darkest night skies of Iceland.
An Abundance of Amenities
From the caves, continue the journey by helicopter to the splendour of a natural thermal bath in a remote hot spring, replete with a gourmet lunch courtesy of a private chef. Along the way, wildlife viewing is exceptional, with sightings of grizzly and black bears, cougars, hares, mountain goats, marmots, eagles, and hawks, all common While ice may be cold and harsh, it can be gorgeous and well worth the sacrifice of an afternoon.
This Head-Line mountain wilderness experience is a flat fee per person with upgrades available, including aerial and cinematography packages, a wilderness spa with massage therapists, extended scenic flight and wildlife viewing, and landing on the incredible Tuya Top Volcano.
Exclusive, natural, private, and serene.
Images courtesy Head-line Mountain Holidays including many by photographer Marc Dionne.
- Helen Siwak, Luxury Lifestyle Observer
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, PORTFOLIOY.YVR Business & Entrepreneurs Magazine, and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- FoF ☆ Culinary, Wine, SpiritsFebruary 22, 2024Introducing… ‘Vancouver Cocktails’ & Its Award-winning Author Janet Gyenes
- FoF ☆ VIP EventsFebruary 20, 2024Cheers! Salud! Yamas! Vancouver Cocktail Week Returns March 3-10
- FoF ☆ VIP EventsFebruary 20, 2024Inaugural Fête Chinoise Signature Event Illuminated the Shangri-La
- FoF ☆ VIP EventsFebruary 13, 2024Whisky Global 2024 Welcomed Enthusiasts & Experts to the Paradox Hotel