On a beautiful May evening, Livingspace celebrated their 30th anniversary with a grand reveal event that showcased a $2-million expansion and renovation.
The luxury home décor retailer grew to an incredibly impressive 30,000-square-foot from a somewhat paltry 19,000-square-feet. The launch event was a wonderfully warm celebration which included suppliers, brand partners from Europe, the cities top interior designers, and VIPs.
Owner Ross Bonetti welcomed Maria Porro of Porro S.p.A, Alessandro and Susanna Minotti of Minotti S.p.A, Carola Bestetti, CEO/Designer of Living Divani, Carolina Lanzani, owner of MDF Italia, and we want to give a special shout-out to the always impeccably dressed Aleem Kassam of Kalu Interiors.
“After 30 years in business, we felt a complete redesign was the perfect way to celebrate and to assure our customers we plan to get better with age,” said Bonetti. “We’re thrilled to showcase Paola Lenti and Molteni&C/Dada – some of the best Italian designers in the world – in a unique space that authentically captures the spirit of these iconic brands.”
Housed in a 1930’s-era printing factory in the Armoury District of Vancouver, the Livingspace expansion involved adding the fifth floor to its showroom. Guests delighted in partaking in a ‘Vespa tour’ around the Grand Milano Cathedral, coming upon the unexpected rooftop garden courtyard, and discovering the power of the lime green Lamborghini Huracan LP580 Coupe alongside the orange Aperol Aperitivo soda fountain.
Paola Lenti, renowned for its sophisticated use of colour and innovative materials, features both indoor and outdoor furniture set against the original, industrial factory space. In contrast, Canada’s first Molteni&C/Dada monobrand showroom offers a more refined and intimate experience as you move through the space with individual room-like settings revealing the latest in kitchens, closets, and furniture.
Throughout the renovation process, Livingspace worked diligently to ensure its coveted heritage location was preserved, and the result is a gorgeous contemporary layout that is purposefully juxtaposed with the building’s nearly century-old history.
“It’s been an incredible 30 years. We are so fortunate to work with sought-after designers and suppliers who have an incredible talent for balancing art and design. It is extremely heartwarming to witness the support shown by these key players in the interior design world for Vancouver’s burgeoning home design and décor industry.”
Since opening its doors in 1988, Livingspace has evolved from a furniture-only retailer to a one-stop destination for building a picture-perfect modern lifestyle.
The Vancouver-based retailer is already looking towards the future with the anticipated arrival of a Minotti monobrand showroom later this year.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. email@example.com
- FoF ☆ Fashion & Lifestyle2021.06.16Christopher Bates: Germany’s Breuninger Welcomes Canadian Design Icon
- FoF ☆ Design & Decor2021.05.06Folio.YVR Friends / Maison Birks x Melissa Andre: An Engagement Collab Worth Checking Out
- ☆ Folio.YVR Friends2021.05.03Folio.YVR Friends / Making a Legend: The Legacy of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Published
- ☆ Folio.YVR Friends2021.04.04Folio.YVR Friends: LVMH Launches the 2021 Objets Nomades in Hong Kong