After a 3-year hiatus, the legendary all-white Diner en Blanc pop-up picnic event returned to Vancouver. As per tradition, the location is held secret until the day of but in the past, gorgeous outdoor venues have included the beautiful VanDusen Botanical Gardens, Yaletown’s George Wainborn Park, David Lam Park, Jack Poole Plaza, and the bustling Canada Place. This year the location held sentimental value being the 10-year anniversary of the all-white event – guests returned to where it all begin – Jack Poole Plaza – after a stellar Peroni Nastro Azzurro sponsored pre-event at the historic Vancouver Club.
Upon arriving at the Vancouver Club, media and VIP guests were greeted by Kate MacDougall (Camber Communications), introduced to the Peroni cocktails – yes, beer cocktails are a thing! – and ventured out to the garden to enjoy the company of the city’s movers and shakers.
Today, and for the next week or two, the city’s fashionistas and influencers will share their outfits and experiences on social media. Diner en Blanc has been an annual showcase of their classy taste for design and elegance and sharing their culinary delights. World-renown for its photogenic moments, this year’s event was no exception. Guests were treated to live music, a VIP Portrait booth by Charles Zuckermann, a pop-up art gallery featuring works by Miriam Oreste, and more.
Team Folio.YVR with guest photographer Kuna Lu of Kuna Photography hit the concourse and joined the evening’s host Tyson Villeneuve of The Social Concierge agency and over 2,200 others in celebrating a return to extravagance!
All photographs courtesy of Kuna Lu of Kuna Photography. @kunaphotography
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- FoF ☆ Culinary, Wine, Spirits2023.05.23Kiefer Sutherland Launches Red Bank Whisky – The Spirit of Red Bank, Nova Scotia
- ☆ Issue #18 - Spring 20232023.05.12Showcase Pianos Presents: Chloe Flower, Renaissance Woman [EXCLUSIVE]
- ☆ Issue #18 - Spring 20232023.05.12Next Level Deliciousness: ‘The Art of Raw Desserts’ by Crystal Bonnet
- ☆ Issue #18 - Spring 20232023.05.12Rolls-Royce Phantom Syntopia: Exquisite Collab with Iris van Herpen