The spectacular ‘Ice White’ themed fashion show was held the past May at the Monaco Grand Prix at Le Meridien Beach Plaza. The beach-side catwalk of the Amber Lounge Charity Fashion Event featured Canadian men’s wear designer Christopher Bates’ chic suiting alongside bridal and evening gowns by renowned celebrity designer Yolancris and swimwear by Ladyship of Lady Victoria Hervey.
The annual event’s guests included HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco, Princess Märtha Louise of Norway, Victoria’s Secret model Josephine Skriver, fellow Canadian Pamela Anderson, her son Brandon Lee, and now-ex Adil Rami.
The drivers of Formula 1 hit the all-white runway in custom suiting by Bates. The sleek ‘Made in Italy’ tailored aesthetic had the drivers looking their best. Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc led the Amber Lounge Charity Fashion Show runway with fellow drivers George Russell (Williams), Antonio Giovinazzi (Alfa Romeo), Jack Aitken (Renault), and Sergey Sirotkin (Renault).
For the third consecutive year funds raised during the live auction went to racing legend Sir Jackie Stewart’s ‘Race Against Dementia’ Foundation. Auction-lots were generously provided by private residential community-at-sea MS The World, the transatlantic cruise ship The Queen Mary Cunard, and Snoop Dogg’s favourite bespoke footwear designers Duke and Dexter. Guests enjoyed access to Monaco via private jet partner GlobeAir, delicious spirits by Arctic Blue Gin, and refreshing bubbly by the unique porcelain-bottled Cuvee Sensorium.
Since its inception, Amber Lounge has raised over $5M USD for charitable organizations, and it is the world’s only event to feature Formula 1 drivers as models.
Founded by nightlife pioneer Sonia Irvine, Amber Lounge creates the most sought-after events with Irvine’s winning formula that includes incredible race-viewing hospitality options, as well as celebrity-studded after-parties with top DJs, creative dining opportunities, and luxury fashion elements.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. [email protected]
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.23Birks x Greta Constantine: A Most Canadian Collaboration
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.23Birks High Jewellery: Unparalleled Artistry
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.22Habitat by Aeon: Shama Gupta’s Global Vision Realized
- ☆ Issue #16 - Holiday Edition2023.01.19Roden Gray: Opens in CF Richmond Centre & Adds Gufram