Designed as an extension of Singapore’s reputation of being a City in a Garden, Jewel Changi Airport has become an iconic landmark on the Singapore Skyline.
Clinching the Luxury Lifestyle Awards in the category of The Best Luxury Shopping Malls in Singapore, Jewel Changi Airport has shown how bold and ambitious decisions can transform a cement-filled parking lot into an indoor paradise. With retail outlets and eateries integrated with elements of nature, visitors at Jewel can enjoy an unparalleled shopping and dining experience while relaxing in lush greenery.
Luxurious Since 2013
Jewel Changi Airport is an impressive structure built at the heart of Singapore Changi Airport, which has cemented its status as one of the best airports in the world. The decision to build a mixed-use development was made in 2013 in conjunction with the expansion of Terminal 1 and the redevelopment of the open-air carpark. A year later, construction work began, and in April 2019, Jewel opened its doors to visitors.
An Architect from the Stars
Designed by the renowned architect Moshe Safdie, the complex has 10 floors with 5 floors underground and 5 above it. Offering more than 280 shopping and dining options, Jewel boasts a world-class tenant mix with shops and eateries which includes a strong stable of new-to-market and well-established brands as well as Jewel-exclusive concepts and merchandise, ensuring there is something for shoppers and travellers from all walks of life.
Visit the Vortex
The most impressive attraction is the HSBC Rain Vortex, located right in the centre of Jewel. The majestic 40-metre waterfall is a giant column of water falling from an oculus in a glass roof and is the world’s tallest indoor waterfall. In the evening, the waterfall turns into a spectacular light and sound show that enthralls visitors.
Closely echoing Singapore’s reputation as a “city in a garden,” Jewel Changi Airport invites you on a wow-inspiring stroll through the picturesque Shiseido Forest Valley, a four-story terraced garden surrounding the HSBC Rain Vortex. Here you will discover carefully selected amazing plants from around the world, including 2,000 trees and palms and over 100,000 shrubs that will make you forget you are in the heart of the metropolis.
Upper-Level Luxury in Canopy Park
For an even more impressive experience, Luxury Lifestyle Awards experts recommend a visit to the Canopy Park, located on the upper level. Do not refuse yourself the fun of trying the pair of Manulife Sky Nets that are stretched across high levels above ground or challenge your fear of heights by walking across the glass-bottomed Canopy Bridge.
For travellers to Singapore, you will find early check-in services and baggage storage facilities at Jewel for your convenience. You can also stay and recharge in one of the smartly designed cabins at YOTELAIR Singapore Changi Airport, the perfect place for business travellers and transit passengers to relax and rejuvenate.
- Luxury Lifestyle Awards is one of the world’s most recognized and respected brands, providing assurance of the highest quality, and representing pioneering excellence and innovation. As media partners, Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine is proud to be chosen to share the stories of worldwide winners who have excelled in their categories. In its 12th year, the Luxury Lifestyle Awards continue to seek and reward brands for reaching the pinnacle of and providing a luxury brand experience to those who appreciate the finest things in life.
- ☆ Luxury Lifestyle Awards2021.06.23Folio.YVR Friends: Sugarbird Cape Fynbos Gin Captivates
- ☆ Folio.YVR Friends2021.06.14Folio.YVR Friends: Bax Yachting is Top Greece Sailing Experience
- ☆ Folio.YVR Friends2021.06.08Folio.YVR Friends: Fly In, Fly Out, Jewel Changi Airport in Singapore
- ☆ Folio.YVR Friends2021.05.31Folio.YVR Friends: Find Your Oasis at Maldives Hideaway Beach Resort & Spa