With years of industry experience and a keen eye for detail, Aly Armstrong and her talented team of event planners and designers possess the skills and creativity to transform every bride’s dream into reality and every corporate event into an unforgettable experience.
She leads her team with strength, meticulous attention to detail, impeccable organizational skills, and the ability to seamlessly coordinate all aspects of an event. Whether it is venue selection, vendor management, event logistics, or creating stunning visual and thematic designs, Aly strives for excellence in every element of the planning process.
Aly has shared that she had an entrepreneurial spirit even as a girl. As a young woman, her career path was moving toward journalism, but in 2007, she veered off-track and fell in love with the world of event planning. Aly attended the Art Institute of Vancouver and, after working on various contracts to gain experience, started her own event production company in 2011.
In addition to event planning and design, Aly has produced ten episodes of her Almost Married podcast, created The Almost Married Bridal Gift Box, is a mother of three and is an actor/model with numerous film and television credits. She has been featured in People Magazine, Daily Hive, WedLuxe Magazine, CTV, BC Business, and more.
With almost two decades in the wedding and event industry, creating and executing gatherings throughout North America, it is no surprise that she is taking the helm of Vancouver’s top-ranked annual event – Diner en Blanc.
The global dinner concept began in Paris in 1988 when François Pasquier invited a group of friends to an elegant outdoor dinner at the Bois de Boulogne, asking them to dress in white so they could find each other. The event has grown to over 85 cities, with almost 17,000 gathering for the 30th-anniversary event in Paris.
Launched in Vancouver by The Social Concierge, the event recently celebrated its 10th incarnation in the city’s centre at Cooper’s Park in the cool shadow of the Cambie Street Bridge. From the stage, TSC’s Tyson Villeneuve and Jordan Kallman shared with the 2,500 attendees that the illustrious event would move forward with Aly and her team at Aly Armstrong Events Planning & Design.
Aly’s ability to conceptualize, plan, and execute events that exceed expectations is renowned. There is nothing she cannot envision – from intimate gatherings to large-scale conferences, her dedication and expertise in handling events of all sizes and complexities is unmatched.
Follow Aly Armstrong on her IG: @eventsbyaly
Read the original story on Aly Armstrong in PORTFOLIO.YVR: Volume 1 | Issue 1 here.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, PORTFOLIOY.YVR Business & Entrepreneurs Magazine, and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024This Top-Ranking Team is Passionate About Real Estate & Community
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024Showcase Pianos Presents: Miist the Singer
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024Paolo Fazioli: A Legacy of Sound & World’s Best Pianos
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024The Mercedes-Maybach EQS 680 SUV Elevates City Driving