Welcome to the 20th Issue of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine! In this issue, we revisit the Vancouver Art Gallery for the Parviz Tanavoli exhibition ‘Poets, Locks, Cages’ and discover Fashion Fictions artist Julia Koerner‘s 3D-printed handbags at the VAG Gift Shop.
At the Sunzen Art Gallery, “Treasures of the Heaven” launched showcasing the intricate porcelain works of Zou Jun. We introduce Nafsika Antypas, an entrepreneur, actress, producer and activist who is following in her father’s food industry footsteps with the plant-based line Nafsika’s Garden.
We went behind-the-scenes at the Vogue Theatre for the fourth story in the Showcase Pianos Presents series to enjoy quirky frontman Jeff Goldblum’s performance with the Mildred Snitzer Orchestra on a Fazioli F278.
Arthur Erickson’s Eppich House II is everywhere right now, so we dove into the history of this architectural wonder and share the stories of not only Erickson but of Cornelia Hahn Oberlander, the landscape architect who heavily influenced the design and Greg Bellerby, who published the definitive book about Eppich House II.
In 2024, CURV Passive House will break ground and put Vancouver on the map for being home to the world’s tallest Passive House. We met with BakerWest’s Sarah Yada Seto and Fifth Ave’s Jamie Squires at the CURV Presentation Centre for an eye-opening journey into the future of development.
Richmond‘s newest luxury hotel, AMTD Versante, hosted us at CASK Whisky Vault; the experience was truly divine. From the 1920s-inspired interiors to the insane whisky selection, the team has designed and delivered an evening worth pursuing.
Circling back to Richmond, this summer’s Luxury & Supercar event showcased the best-of-the-best in vintage wheels, hypercars, and the ARC Vector electric motorcycle. This magnificent beast is a gorgeously sleek and exciting vehicle that caught Canadian superstar Ryan Reynolds‘s attention.
The Azur Legacy Collection Hotel was the most anticipated summer hospitality launch and, with its luxury level everything, is our new favourite staycation location.
I hope you enjoy this issue of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and look forward to sharing all of September’s exciting events and experiences with you in our next issue!
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- FoF ☆ Design & DecorNovember 29, 2023Fairmont Pacific Rim Launches Wedding & Gala Design Studio
- FoF ☆ Travel & AdventureNovember 26, 2023Are You Ready to ‘Stay in Style’ with Fairmont Pacific Rim x Dior?
- FoF ☆ Charity & PhilanthropyNovember 23, 2023Young Elite Vancouver 7th Annual Gala Celebration [PHOTOS]
- FoF ☆ Health & WellnessNovember 15, 2023Fairmont Pacific Rim Launches ‘The Nordic Spa’ Wellness Retreat with Thermal Spa