Oscar and Primetime Emmy-nominated star Jeff Goldblum performed his first show in Canada with his band, the Mildred Snitzer Orchestra, at the Vogue Theatre in August.
Named after an elderly friend of Goldblum’s mother, the group has released three albums: ‘The Capitol Studios Sessions,’ ‘I Shouldn’t Be Telling You This,’ and ‘Plays Well with Others.’ The latter was released in March 2023, with Goldblum appearing on Late Night with Seth Myers and Jimmy Kimmel Live to promote it.
Previous to performing, Goldblum has built an extensive film resume that includes memorable Independence Day, The Fly, Thor: Ragnarok, and the Wes Anderson film, Asteroid City.
Manual Bernaschek, founder and owner of Showcase Pianos, facilitated the delivery of a Fazioli to Vogue Theatre for the evening’s performance. Manuel shares, “When I received the request to provide a piano for the evening at the Vogue, I immediately knew that the Fazioli F278 Concert Grand would be perfect. It has exceptional power, magnificent balance between the bass and treble, extensive dynamic range and harmonic richness. A classic instrument for large concert halls and recording studios, suitable both for the solo repertoire and for performances with large orchestras. This Fazioli has an incredible dynamic range, which is inspiring for players.”
While the legendary Fazioli Pianoforti instruments are not usually associated with jazz, Manuel feels that “people may have a misconception that Fazioli pianos are only suited for classical music! This could not be further from the truth because it has a crystal clear sound and perfectly even action that all players love. Notable musicians, like Herbie Hancock, Brad Mehldau, and Aleph, have performed on Fazioli’s.”
The evening at the Vogue Theatre was memorable for attendees as Goldblum chatted with the audience before the performance. Ubiquitous Vancouver-based hornmeister Gabriel Mark Hasselbach was backstage for the performance and declared, “Jeff Goldblum honoured the world-class Fazioli with his unique quirky stylings and deft touch. This was most apparent when the band broke down to a whisper, and he was featured on delicate phrases that underscored the vocalist and then set up his about to burst through solo.”
Juno Award winner Hasselbach is also familiar with the Fazioli F278 and acknowledges that “having performed on stages throughout the world with top-flight pianists like Jeff Lorber, Jeremy Monteiro, and Tom Schuman of Spiro Gyra, and also being a sound and recording engineer myself, I understand why Fazioli the top-shelf of the top-shelf when it comes to pianos. The sound speaks more energetically and more captivatingly than other pianos, no matter the brand or reputation.”
For those who attended the Vancouver performance of the Mildred Snitzer Orchestra, the evening proved to be one well-spent!
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- FoF ☆ Design & DecorNovember 29, 2023Fairmont Pacific Rim Launches Wedding & Gala Design Studio
- FoF ☆ Travel & AdventureNovember 26, 2023Are You Ready to ‘Stay in Style’ with Fairmont Pacific Rim x Dior?
- FoF ☆ Charity & PhilanthropyNovember 23, 2023Young Elite Vancouver 7th Annual Gala Celebration [PHOTOS]
- FoF ☆ Health & WellnessNovember 15, 2023Fairmont Pacific Rim Launches ‘The Nordic Spa’ Wellness Retreat with Thermal Spa