Seeking vegan-friendly travel? Look no further than Greece, where Artemis Sorotou and her team have created high-quality opportunities for relaxation in one of the most sought-after locations in the Mediterranean, Santorini.
Ethos is an eco-friendly, cruelty-free, vegan approach to whatever visitors desire. From the simplest elements to the last detail, you will find what you love here on the Greek Islands – the magnificence of nature and how to live peacefully within it.
Ethos: A Journey of Appreciation
“In our hearts, being vegan is an easy choice that puts respect for all living creatures and Mother Earth above all else. Our dream was to create elegant hospitality with the same respect to the vegan lifestyle, offering uncompromising, high-quality services in Fira and Imerovigli in Santorini.” shares Sorotou.
In launching the Ethos locations, hers was a vision to offer an authentic Santorinian hospitality experience that highlights the island’s unique character, leaving a minimal environmental footprint on the island’s nature and local communities.
With a high sense of responsibility and ethos, Sorotou has developed a sustainable system of day-to-day operations of eco-friendly and energy-efficient practices such as recycling, composting, farm-to-table cuisine, and renewable resource management.
The interior design is chic and minimal. The décor of the common areas and rooms was designed by local artisans, using only natural, cruelty-free materials while maintaining the island’s rich cultural character in styling the premises. Organic cotton was selected for linens, towels, and bathrobes, and great effort was channelled into creating a space that is as welcoming and comfortable as it is sustainable. Soon Ethos plans to install solar panels and update processes as they become available.
The Kindness of Plant-based
Ethos harvests from small ecosystems, fresh vegetables, and aromatic herbs are sourced for most culinary creations. As expected, traditional Greek and Mediterranean cuisine offers exceptional vegan dishes. Deriving inspiration from the region’s rich heritage and international culinary trends assists in creating an exclusively vegan gastronomic journey brimming with flavour.
Homegrown ingredients, authentic Santorinian produce and the famed vegan wines from acclaimed local wineries transform into well-balanced, palatable vegan delights to be enjoyed in the soothing ambience of Ethos Santorini, a vegan paradise for foodies that expect and deserve the finest for every moment of their holiday.
VEGWORLD Magazine editor and vegan influencer Courtney Garza-McCullagh recently was a guest at Ethos and shared why her experience was so incredible.
“Knowing that all produce was grown on their rooftop patio or locally sourced from farmers that they knew was important. They clearly made each and every dish with love and extra care. So even as they described each dish to us, we could tell they put quality time and care into crafting each plate to our taste, even remembering the foods we mentioned that we did not like or had a sensitivity/allergy to.”
Recycling and composting also play an integral part in daily living at Ethos Santorini, starting your day with a hearty breakfast, followed by private yoga, massage or wellness sessions. If you want to dig into culinary, ask about cooking classes with host Artemis.
Let Santorini guide you to beachfront fishermen’s meeting points, cave-houses carved on the limestone rock with imposing captain’s mansions, underground wine-makers caverns and amphitheatrical vineyards on windswept slopes. Photograph churches adorned with the quintessential white and blue of the Cyclades, refresh at quaint tavernas that showcase the island’s rich culinary heritage and take lay-back with a cocktail on Santorini’s beaches of red, white, and black sands.
Sorotou says it is important to “respect every breathing creature living on this earth and is the most crucial thing to uphold. We actively participate in animal welfare on the island of Santorini through actively supporting local welfare groups, while no animals were used in any way during the construction of our establishment, and no animal products in the furnishings or our day-to-day usage items.”
At Ethos Vegan Suites in Fira and Ethos Vegan Retreat in Imerovigli, know that Sorotou and her team have put together a series of well-rounded services, always with a vegan, eco-friendly orientation that would elevate your stay and help you enjoy this amazing destination to the maximum. With a dedicated concierge, anything is possible in building an itinerary for exploring Santorini or arranging for anything you need.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, PORTFOLIOY.YVR Business & Entrepreneurs Magazine, and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024This Top-Ranking Team is Passionate About Real Estate & Community
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024Showcase Pianos Presents: Miist the Singer
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024Paolo Fazioli: A Legacy of Sound & World’s Best Pianos
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024The Mercedes-Maybach EQS 680 SUV Elevates City Driving