For those who enjoy an afternoon cocktail in the cool Lobby Lounge at the Fairmont Pacific Rim, may we suggest taking your thirst to this summer’s Oakridge x Pac Rim Patio?
In the spirit of kicking off the 2022 summer season, Fairmont Pacific Rim has partnered with Oakridge and Westbank to create another unique outdoor pop-up patio experience with delicious fare and refreshments that includes Executive Chef Damon Campbell’s food truck which stands on the patio’s edge with a handful of plant-based dishes to enjoy with your libations.
The Folio.YVR writing team accepted the invitation to enjoy a bit of hospitality from the Fairmont Pacific Rim. The hotel is a gem in downtown Vancouver which features two eclectic dining destinations, resort-style Willow Stream Spa, rooftop and pool sundeck, lavish guestrooms, and a variety of the city’s most luxurious suites. What’s not to love?
Campbell’s Food Truck Delights
Together we tried and recommend the Mango Avocado Noodle Salad and the Citrus Shoyu Tofu Poke Bowl. Each is refreshing, crisp, packed with flavour and comes with adorable biodegradable cutlery sets.
If you are a little more than peckish, the House Made Falafel Burger is a great choice. The cilantro and lemon herb sauce adds an extra level of deliciousness. Grab a napkin though; this dish is juicy!
To accompany Campbell’s dishes, award-winning Creative Beverage Director Grant Sceney has assembled a line-up of agave-centric refreshing libations. Cocktails like the Sandía Margarita with tequila, Aperol, watermelon, grapefruit, lime and Tajín, and the Chilosa Margarita with Don Julio Blanco, mezcal, Cointreau, pineapple, lime and firewater, alongside an extensive selection of craft beers and local and international wines.
Alongside the dishes, we enjoyed the zero-proof Placebo Punch with pineapple, chai, ginger beer, lime, the Rose Sangria, and the two abovementioned sensational margaritas!
Enjoying the Summer Together
“We are thrilled to welcome guests back to the front plaza for our third summer pop-up patio,” said Regional Vice President and Fairmont Pacific Rim General Manager Jens Moesker. “Chef Damon and the entire Fairmont team have created something special where hotel guests – and the entire Vancouver community – can come together, beat the summer heat, and enjoy some great food and drinks, all the while enjoying live music and other programming.”
The Pacific Rim plaza, intended to reflect the design of the 10-acre Oakridge Park, is inspired in equal parts by the rice terraces of Southeast Asia and the coastal temperate rainforests of British Columbia. The grassy patio has distinct, carved hills creating topographic forms, with more than 50 seats accented by individual fire pits, lounge areas, and umbrella-topped tables.
“Doing a patio pop-up on the plaza of the Pacific Rim has become a bit of a tradition for us,” says Westbank Founder Ian Gillespie. “It’s something we do every summer and winter, to offer an interesting outdoor dining experience for our guests and visitors… The Oakridge x Pac Rim Patio pop-up is another way we are attempting to contribute a unique experience to our city. We hope people enjoy it.”
Seating for the Pop-up Patio is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Accessibility is obviously weather-dependent as this is Vancouver!
Check out the Fairmont Pac Rim Instagram for updates and special events!
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at email@example.com.
- FoF ☆ Charity & PhilanthropySeptember 28, 202341st Edition of Splash Art Auction Announced with New Fashion Moment Addition by Holt Renfrew
- FoF ☆ Fashion & LifestyleSeptember 26, 2023OMEGA Commandeers Beach House Restaurant for Seamaster Family Launch [PHOTOS]
- FoF ☆ VIP EventsSeptember 25, 2023Art Rapture Presents ‘The Throwback’ at Ironworks with Andy Dixon, Ola Volo & Rembrandt [PHOTOS]
- FoF ☆ VIP EventsSeptember 19, 2023Bootleggers Cocktails Brings 1st Drone Show to Vancouver [PHOTOS]