Consider the age-old question – is a weekend without brunch – really a weekend? Wildlight Kitchen + Bar rounds out its all-day offerings with its inspired take on the leisurely mid-morning meal. The new premium-casual West Point Grey restaurant launched its weekend brunch service earlier this month. It features a menu showcasing sustainable, regional, and seasonal ingredients and lively libations celebrating the West Coast.
As part of the Leləm̓ Village development, between the University Endowment Lands and Pacific Spirit Regional Park, the menu and space reflect it being situated at the edge of the forest. The decor is light and chic, with west coast influences everywhere. Wildlight is spacious with high ceilings, full windows, and abundant natural lighting from corner to corner – which makes for great photos and an incredible dining experience!
“It is so thrilling to see our concept come to light,” said Brenton Smith, Wildlight’s general manager. “We can’t wait for guests to experience what we have created at Wildlight Kitchen + Bar.” Wildlight’s brunch menu is the creation of Executive Chef Warren Chow. He brings his French technique, Vancouver roots, and global inspirations to his bold but approachable roster of classic dishes with a decidedly Pacific Northwest twist.
Enjoy Inclusive Dining at Wildlight!
Brunch menu plant-based highlights include the Crispy Oyster Mushroom Burger (tempura oyster mushrooms, plant-based togarashi mayo, cabbage slaw, house-made bread & butter pickles), the Grilled Beet Salad (red and golden beets, compressed Okanagan apples, sunflower shoots, roasted hazelnuts), Crispy Tofu Bowl (chili garlic salt, vegan fish sauce, soba noodles, avocado, edamame, spicy cucumber, and cashews). Enjoy crispy hashbrowns, fresh sourdough with jam, and a beautifully designed bowl of fresh fruits to round your plant-based brunch.
To complement Chef Chow’s brunch dishes, Bar Manager Aman Nijjar has curated a robust list of feature beverages, ranging from the bubbly Sunday Spritz (sparkling wine, Aperol, soda, and Campari) served on the rocks and refreshing spirit-free drinks like the Cosmo Lemonade (lemon, cranberry, and soda), the Rumless Pomm Daquiri (Lumette non-alcoholic LumRum, grenadine, spiced syrup, and citrus).
Pattison Food Group First Foray
“The restaurant is inspired by our love of the ocean, the forests and the shoreline of beautiful British Columbia,” said Justin McGregor, General Manager of Restaurants at Pattison Food Group, at the VIP preview event in January. “It is a celebration of West Coast culture and cuisine where our chef, Warren Chow, has crafted a menu with an exceptionally strong focus on local BC flavours and ingredients with variations from around the world.”
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- FoF ☆ Culinary, Wine, Spirits2023.05.23Kiefer Sutherland Launches Red Bank Whisky – The Spirit of Red Bank, Nova Scotia
- ☆ Issue #18 - Spring 20232023.05.12Showcase Pianos Presents: Chloe Flower, Renaissance Woman [EXCLUSIVE]
- ☆ Issue #18 - Spring 20232023.05.12Next Level Deliciousness: ‘The Art of Raw Desserts’ by Crystal Bonnet
- ☆ Issue #18 - Spring 20232023.05.12Rolls-Royce Phantom Syntopia: Exquisite Collab with Iris van Herpen